Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: You know why do I always feel like I am the bad guy on here

Default Re: You know why do I always feel like I am the bad guy on here

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    If you catch any in America with bombs and guns, sure why not? They will probably get a death sentence anyway. Those in Afghanistan are freedom fighters though, as Reagan would say.
    So, in your opinion, what SHOULD the U.S. have done after Al-Qaeda flew planes into our country, killing thousands of civilians?
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

I find McCain to be far more level-headed and clear about war than Bush, Cheney, or Rumsfeld.

When a guy like Bush comes into office and initiates a military engagement, he is criticized because he himself was never in a war, so he's a "chiken-hawk".

When a guy like McCain runs for office, he is accused of not being a stable man because of his experiences in war.

What's better? A desk-jockey general?

Let's just get back to talking about why you're the bad guy here.

Should he use this epithet as a Presidential candidate? Do we all want to live in McCain's world and abide by his resentments? That is what I am saying. Just like Bush hated Saddam for his father, McCain is not a stable man due to past experiences and he will lead America if President by these resentments and convictions.
    Here we go again with baseless statements. Where is your evidence that Bush went to Iraq for his daddy's sake? Why bother? I would assume that you remember that when Bush's daddy ordered troops in, we beat the piss out of Iraq and sent them packing almost as fast as Grenada. You are making assumptions with no basis.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by VakAttack View Post
    So, in your opinion, what SHOULD the U.S. have done after Al-Qaeda flew planes into our country, killing thousands of civilians?

That is a whole new topic my friend.

Olympic Champ

Here we go again with baseless statements. Where is your evidence that Bush went to Iraq for his daddy's sake? Why bother? I would assume that you remember that when Bush's daddy ordered troops in, we beat the piss out of Iraq and sent them packing almost as fast as Grenada. You are making assumptions with no basis.

"I hate Saddam Hussein," the former president told Zahn. "I don't hate a lot of people. I don't hate easily, but I think he's, as I say, his word is no good and he's a brute. He's used poison gas on his own people. So, there's nothing redeeming about this man."

He added: "I have nothing but hatred in my heart for him. But he's got a lot of problems, but immortality isn't one of them."

As for what the country should do with the Iraqi leader now, he said, "That's the problem facing the president of the United States of America, not me."

That president is his oldest son, George W. Bush. However, the father would not discuss what kind of advice he has given his son and he would not talk about policy issues.

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLI...r.bush.saddam/

"I hate Saddam Hussein," the former president told Zahn. "I don't hate a lot of people. I don't hate easily, but I think he's, as I say, his word is no good and he's a brute. He's used poison gas on his own people. So, there's nothing redeeming about this man."

He added: "I have nothing but hatred in my heart for him. But he's got a lot of problems, but immortality isn't one of them."

As for what the country should do with the Iraqi leader now, he said, "That's the problem facing the president of the United States of America, not me."

That president is his oldest son, George W. Bush. However, the father would not discuss what kind of advice he has given his son and he would not talk about policy issues.

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLI...r.bush.saddam/
    Which proves that the father hated Saddam Hussein. I assume that W also hated Saddam. I hated Saddam. Saddam was an evil dictator who killed his own people on a whim for no reason other then his own satisfaction. What does this have to do with fighting for "his daddy." It seems to me he thought he was being proactive (as do I) and getting rid of an evil man from ruling over his people with an iron fist and giving them a shot at a better life.

Which proves that the father hated Saddam Hussein. I assume that W also hated Saddam. I hated Saddam. Saddam was an evil dictator who killed his own people on a whim for no reason other then his own satisfaction. What does this have to do with fighting for "his daddy." It seems to me he thought he was being proactive (as do I) and getting rid of an evil man from ruling over his people with an iron fist and giving them a shot at a better life.
    Damn good response!!!!

Olympic Champ

More Iraqis have probably died during American invasion than were killed by Saddam. The object was the same, to stabilize the country and eliminate "unstable elements". Somehow America is moral and Saddam is bad. Go figure. A dead man is a dead man.

Iraqis didn't greet Democracy with open arms. They began killing each other. Saddam knew that.

More Iraqis have probably died during American invasion than were killed by Saddam. The object was the same, to stabilize the country and eliminate "unstable elements". Somehow America is moral and Saddam is bad. Go figure. A dead man is a dead man.

Iraqis didn't greet Democracy with open arms. They began killing each other. Saddam knew that.
    So you're insinuating that Saddam was being altruistic?

The whole reason Bush went over there was to get rid of a dictator. If we could, if it were possible, I'd wish that all dictators would be eliminated from power. Power should never stay with one person indefinitely.

What Saddam and Bush are doing are completely different, and if you can't see that, you're just trying not to. Is it having the best results? No. But it's better now then it was when Saddam was there.

And the object was NOT the same. Saddam's object was to maintain his power over people through fear and murder. The U.S. object is to put Iraq in a position where they can govern themselves and not live in constant fear.