Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: There is a good explanation as to why McCain is the leader for Republican nomination

Default Re: There is a good explanation as to why McCain is the leader for Republican nomination

Quote Originally Posted by matclone View Post
    Bonnie, Idaho can be explained because it was a primary, no? Democrats voting for Democrats.
    I'm talking about your white people not voting for Obama statement.
    "All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind." -- Abraham Lincoln

Default Re: There is a good explanation as to why McCain is the leader for Republican nomination

Clone it is well documented that you are all about calling people racist and creating race questions where non should be. You have given yourself an out because IMO you like to point a spotlight on racism and if he loses to McCain you will have an excuse ready.

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    Clone it is well documented that you are all about calling people racist and creating race questions where non should be. You have given yourself an out because IMO you like to point a spotlight on racism and if he loses to McCain you will have an excuse ready.
    Ugly, it is well documented that you will defend the republicans and the neocon cause. Don't try to pull the wool over the eyes. Your body of work speaks for itself.

Maybe you can spin the fact that about 6 million more Dems voted than Repubs on Tuesday night? What's your talk show take on that?

You're in for the same depression that Dems felt in 2000 and 2004.

Matclone always brings up race and can not believe that there are people in this country who see beyond that. Most of us don't care about race, but he still does. In fact, he knows so much about what everyone else thinks that he can pick out hwo is racist and who is not without even listening to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Password View Post
    Ugly, it is well documented that you will defend the republicans and the neocon cause. Don't try to pull the wool over the eyes. Your body of work speaks for itself.

Maybe you can spin the fact that about 6 million more Dems voted than Repubs on Tuesday night? What's your talk show take on that?

You're in for the same depression that Dems felt in 2000 and 2004.
    Password because you are new I will take some time to explain things to you. My 1000 or so posts in the politics section have been anything but a defense of the right. I have openly criticized Bush and his administration and have praised many things that Clinton did. I have been more moderate with my position unless they are moral then I haven't left much room for negotiation.

I dont need to spin the fact that the dems came out in stronger numbers to vote for their nominee. The fact is that they are sick and tired of this cartoon administration just like many moderate voting Americans. Its pretty cut and dry.

I wont be depressed if the Dems win because I think maybe it is there turn to screw things up for awhile. The only thing that depresses me is that politicians cant get anything done for the American people because they are constantly drawing party lines. I dont want a big spending big taxing dem but at the same time I want the education system to get better. I dont want a pander to the rich anti-environment republican in the white house but I like small government.

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    Boulder is a huge liberal pocket in Colorado. They come out in droves to vote but the state is a red state.
    OK, Boulder cast 17,771 Dem ballots and 3,466 Republican ballots.

If you subtract the whole county, 101,413 Democratic ballots were cast and 52,379 Republican ballots were cast in the rest of Colorado.

I think there's a whole lot of moderates everywhere giving up on the Republican party this year. In Illinois, DuPage County, the county just west of Cook County (Chicago) has been a Republican stronghold but this year 130,786 Democratic ballots were cast and only 106,825 Republican ballots were cast.

Another factor, IMO, is that you don't have to go up to the poll worker (who may be your friend or nieghbor) and ask for a Democratic or a Republican ballot anymore, you just indicate it on the machine, so people who live in a Republican or Democratic stronghold are more free to vote their conscience.
    "All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind." -- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by BonnieJ2 View Post
    OK, Boulder cast 17,771 Dem ballots and 3,466 Republican ballots.

If you subtract the whole county, 101,413 Democratic ballots were cast and 52,379 Republican ballots were cast in the rest of Colorado.

I think there's a whole lot of moderates everywhere giving up on the Republican party this year. In Illinois, DuPage County, the county just west of Cook County (Chicago) has been a Republican stronghold but this year 130,786 Democratic ballots were cast and only 106,825 Republican ballots were cast.

Another factor, IMO, is that you don't have to go up to the poll worker (who may be your friend or nieghbor) and ask for a Democratic or a Republican ballot anymore, you just indicate it on the machine, so people who live in a Republican or Democratic stronghold are more free to vote their conscience.

I could agree with that. I still maintain that Colorado is a red state and will show its true color for the general election.

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by BonnieJ2 View Post
    I'm talking about your white people not voting for Obama statement.
    The white people I'm thinking of, who might not vote for Obama, are not the kind of people who to Democratic primaries. Like I said, they're typically a non-voting crowd.

Here's some more anecdotal evidence for you (it's doesn't prove my theory):
    Edwards (not Obama) got most of the white vote in South Carolina.

It's funny how the pundits routinely say blacks vote for Obama because he's black, and women for Clinton, because she's a woman, but you don't hear them say white males voted for a white candidate because he's white and male, but, yes, that happens too.

Ugly, when you talk about politicians not working together, I completely agree. I feel that the main reason that is the case is specifically linked to the way Bush and Cheney have conducted themselves for 7 years. They have sowed the seeds of hatred from the Dems, be it right or wrong. Remember Cheney's nice choice of words on the Senate floor?

It is ludicrous to think that spending will increase with a Dem. One of the main reasons our economy is tanking is a direct result of the Bush/Cheney endless occupation in Iraq. They are willing to spend 100's of billions of tax dollars for their cause, but they don't want a comprehensive health package to help the millions of Americans who can't afford it.

When the Dem gets on the campaign trail against McCain, they have so much ammunition that it will be a slaughter. His alleged appeal to the middle is no different than either HC or BO. What will really kill him though is his 100 year commitment to Iraq.

It is foolish to think Iraq doesn't matter to the 65%of Americans who are against this war. The only reason it appears to have quieted down is that most of us realize that the Dems are powerless to stop Bush. Bush wants to hand his mess over to the Dems, as you aptly pointed out that you look forward to the Dems getting blamed going forward.

I choose to think positive and we are too great a country to allow negative cynicism like many feel to win out over the hopeful voters like myself.

It certainly can't get worse than it has been the last 5 years since Bush claimed that WMD were pointed at us.