Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Illegal immigrants with legal children: Easy answer

Olympic Champ

Well, a fair post from skipster.

Big, its easy to beat up on the politically powerless, and hold them up to blame for a complex problem that involves a lot of different people, including you and me. Surely, you're Bigger than that.

As to your 1/3 assertion: let's be clear, undocumented immigrants basically compete with those who are unskilled and uneducated, and then only in certain industries: farming, construction, and services. One primary reason first generation immigrations are opposed to further immigrants, is because they're the ones most often competing for jobs with the newbies. This is in our history. But since you do have an education, Big, you are not really in competition with undocumented immigrants, and their presence is not affecting your wages in any way. In fact, you benefit from cheaper goods and services. So I think you're point in the wrong direction here.

Olympic Champ

Not so fast matclone,

If goods and services cost less, then employers in all industries realize that and begin paying lower wages to their employees. Ultimately, it affects everyone but benefits only the richest capitalists in certain industries as they rip more profits from paying people less.

See, I don't care about cheaper goods if I can get a $5 raise per hour, I can pay more for goods without illegals being here. Then, more money per hour will allow me also buy more things that matter, a house, a better car, and many other things.

If employers can't pay me and other people more, then that is the problem of capitalism, not the need to appease illegals.

Olympic Champ

And don't even tell me employers don't pay according to what things cost because an engineer doing the same exact thing or any other worker in China will make ten times less than those in America. Why? Because things cost more in America.