Thread: Estonia embraces facism once again

Default Estonia embraces facism once again

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20070428...y_070428180403

Estonia finally removed a red army soviet soldier statue and the graves of the 12 dead soldiers near it.

Yeah, that really sounds like they're "embracing fascism" dumbass...

I can't blame them, not much I'd want to remember from the era of Soviet oppression and murder either.

Olympic Champ

Jensen,

That is total Western brainwashing. Even Gorbachev pointed out that when statistics were examined, it was clear that Estonia received just as much if not more from Soviet government as it added to the benefit of the country.

I visited Estonia and I had relatives living in Estonia in their capital, Talinn, and some of them still live there. We went there for vacations a couple of times and I can assure you they lived better and had better products than we did in Leningrad.

OF COURSE they will complain of oppression and other crap because they want to win concessions from the West and NATO. What good is it to be close friends with Russia now when the West is much more powerful?

Jensen, go read about the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact. The current Estonian government was formed by cooperation between the Nazis and Stalin and did not serve the interest of the Russians. The Russian governemnt condemned the treaty. After the treaty and WW2 broke out, the Soviets forced the Nazis to retreat and estonia remained part of the USSR. USSR could not have occupied Estonia because after the war it was already part of the USSR due to the deal with the Nazis.When the Nazis came, Estonia embraced them and they are embracing them again. The current estonian government is a product of the Nazi government. This is all in the past, it's unfortunate the estonian government keeps bringing it up. Those same soliders are the ones who freed Estonia from the Nazis, but Estonia seems to forget it. But hey, a majority of Estonians fought on the side of the Nazis so I can see why they would do such a thing.
    Last edited by satiev1; 04-28-2007 at 03:09 PM.

It's like modern day Ukraine. Eastern Ukraine used to be part of Russia, but since Krushev gave it away it's part of Ukraine now. The same with Estonia. Estonia used to be independent, but because the Nazis made a deal with the Soviets, Estonia remained part of the USSR even after the deafeat of Germany. Nazi Germany was supposed to take all of Estonia, but instead gave it to the Soviets like the same they gave them half of Poland.

Round of 12

Let's see if I understand this Satiev, Germany gave USSR land not it's own to give (Estonia and Poland) and that's OK; while USSR gave Ukraine land, which was it's own to give, and that's bad. Is that what you're saying?

No, I said both things are bad. Hitler and Stalin made the agreement, and not the Russians. Those red army soldiers weren't thinking about Stalin or Hitler, but defending their land and freeing Europe. The estonians always looked up to the Germans as their big brothers.

Round of 12

The Hitler/Ribbentrop Pact was dreamed up by Stalin so he could have a common front with Germany, after the failure of WWI to inspire the masses to rise up and throw off their chains, Stalin decided a great new war of liberatin was needed, WWII. A common front was needed for this to happen, Poland. Just as the Germans brought Lenin to power to forment revolution and force a Russian withdraw from WWI (which did happen), the Commies bankrolled Hitler to help start WWII. They were for no one but themselves.

The allies bankrolled Hitler and Germany to fight Stalin because they feared communism. They just didn't think Hitler would attack them. The USSR supplied Germany with money only after the Allies helped Hitler rise to power.
    Last edited by satiev1; 04-28-2007 at 09:27 PM.