Thread: Even cops kill their own while pursuing an offender

Olympic Champ

Default Even cops kill their own while pursuing an offender

If even cops can't shoot right, how do you expect ordinary citizens to use the weapons?

The bullet that killed a New York state trooper during a shootout Wednesday morning in a farmhouse in the Catskill Mountains came from the gun of a fellow officer, not the suspect they had cornered, the state police said yesterday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/28/ny...2MYnNICgCy6m8A

Once again Big you make no good point and attempt to criticize those who protect us for no reason. I honestly wish you would leave this country and further more if you are ever in trouble I hope no law enforcement or emergency response comes to your aide because you would most likely bash them as well.

I don't think he's criticizing law enforcement UGLY, I think it's in light of the recent VT shootings and the current lax gun laws in our country and the right wing sickos who actually believe it would have been a good thing if the other students had been armed.

Big is just saying that if cops, who are trained to use guns as a weapon and protection, can make mistakes with them and kill their own fellow officer, what makes people think it's a good idea for ordinary citizens to carry them and potentially use them?

Obviously feel free to correct me if I am wrong Big.

Olympic Champ

Yeah, quick single pretty much says what I meant to say. Students with guns would most likely kill many of their own before they would get the shooter. Even if fewer people died in VT shooting as a result of guns on campus, you would see people inadvertently shooting each other in places like malls and stuff.

Then you have drunk students at parties with guns, and it is just a frightening situation to even think about.

Olympic Champ

Well said, QS. I think that's exactly what Big meant to say. A short story in today's Rocky Mtn News showed a student at a Utah college brandishing his Glock pistol and contained several unverifiable anecdotes of past events in various places where someone with gun chased, "subdued" (their word) or took out someone else with a gun. Nothing was mentioned about gun accidents or good intentions gone awry (maybe that never happens). I can see them now, in dorm rooms, with beer, and the angst and depression that sometimes besets young people.

Olympic Champ

I would be in favor of some kind of weapons detection system placed at the entrance of every building and a security guard ready to respond.
    Last edited by Big; 04-28-2007 at 01:10 PM.

which would have done what had Cho shot the guard first and then gone in anyway...he still would have gotten all of the students as the alarm went off and kids ran out of classrooms...

we need to make getting handguns a much longer process with checks and balances along the way...we make doctors go through eight years of schooling to save lives, why can't we require citizens to go through two years of classes in order to carry handguns...
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I retract my statement.