Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New generation of homeless vets

Olympic Champ

Default Re: New generation of homeless vets

He used, as an example, someone driving a truck with a ribbon on it. We've all seen pickups with ribbons on them and, if you spend any time as a pedestrian (as I do), you could probably relate to aggressive drivers in pickup trucks.

It was indeed a broad generalization. But you made it broader.

I feel that those of you who feel the need to sport a ribbon are folks who think themselves more patriotic than others. I also feel you are the ones who feel supporting the troops is strictly akin to supporting Bush. I also feel if the president was a democrat and this war was going on, you would be screaming to get them out of there; that is if you hadn't already attempted to impeach the pres.

I feel that supporting the troops also includes getting them home when their mission is over. The mission ended a long time ago. Then again, the Bush mission has changed so many times I have lost count. I feel that supporting the troops is supporting them till the end of their lives.

I feel that the right wing war hawks see supporting the troops as wanting any type of disagreement with the president to be squelched. These same people have used the troop thing to the political extreme. It's all about supporting Bush, not the troops.

Quote Originally Posted by matclone View Post
    He used, as an example, someone driving a truck with a ribbon on it. We've all seen pickups with ribbons on them and, if you spend any time as a pedestrian (as I do), you could probably relate to aggressive drivers in pickup trucks.

It was indeed a broad generalization. But you made it broader.
    Come on Clone. Password's example wasn't "someone" who was driving a pickup truck, it was a right winger driving a pickup truck.

You're saying that you were only agreeing that we have aggressive drivers in pickups? You conveniently sidestep the fact that Password was talking about right-wingers who drive pickup trucks?

National Finalist

The point is: you wouldn't know if he was a veteran or not. It would just be someone in your way. - matclone

OK, I got you. Well, time for me to go. Hopefully I can spot some homeless dude out there while driving my red pick-up truck that I can use as a speedbump.
    (real intelligent stuff there clone)

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by ctc View Post
    The point is: you wouldn't know if he was a veteran or not. It would just be someone in your way. - matclone

OK, I got you. Well, time for me to go. Hopefully I can spot some homeless dude out there while driving my red pick-up truck that I can use as a speedbump.
    (real intelligent stuff there clone)
    All you need to know is I'm your enemy (one of millions). Everything else is outside your scope of consciousness and evidently beyond your comprehension.

National Finalist

Ah yes, matclone is still the king of "Liberal Debate Tactics"

4. ACCUSE YOU OPPONENT OF SAYING SOMETHING HE DIDN?T. Attempt to define his statements in a negative light. Interpret them this way and state it as fact that he did actually say it. NEVER ask him?always TELL him what his meaning was.

9. ACCUSE YOUR OPPONENT OF A MENTAL DEFECT OR LACK OF INTELLIGENCE. Personal attacks of this sort are especially useful as the target will almost always try to defend himself, thus changing the subject.

12. RESORT TO INSULTS. Try to question you opponent?s masculinity, his resolve, ANYTHING, but try to diminish and demean him. (This is know as the ?LBJ Rule? codified by him thus: ?Accuse your opponent of being a pig fornicator, then make him deny it.) REMEMBER, IF YOU HAVE TO RESORT TO THIS TACTIC, IT MEANS YOUR OPPONENT IS WINNING!

17. CLAIM YOUR OPPONENT IS BEING UNREASONABLE OR WON?T LISTEN TO REASON, AND LEAVE IN A HUFF.

Olympic Champ

Congratulations, you know how to cut and paste, and identify those who oppose you.

ctc has years of documented hatred towards millions who are not like him. He is a shining example of a born-again. Either you're with him, or you're against him. He has damned us all to hell.

He does have a good talent though of looking at his DTV guide.

National Finalist

ctc has years of documented hatred towards millions who are not like him. He is a shining example of a born-again. Either you're with him, or you're against him. He has damned us all to hell.

Can I see the "documentation? What a dork.