Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How pathetic does Bush look now?

Hybrid View

Olympic Champ

Default How pathetic does Bush look now?

America, the bastion of blood thirsty profit seekers, is pleading with arabs about market oil forces hurting American families. It can't get any better than that considering oil prices are high due to American-led globalization and stock trading. Unbelievable!

Speaking to a group of Saudi entrepreneurs and later in an interview with reporters, Mr. Bush expressed his concern about the economy in some of his starkest language yet, saying that rising oil and gasoline prices are causing hardship for American families.

“It’s affected our families,” Mr. Bush said in the interview with reporters, adding he would raise the issue with the Saudi leader, King Abdullah, during a meeting on Tuesday evening at the king’s lush horse farm in the desert outside of Riyadh. “Paying more for gasoline hurts some of the American families,” he said.

“Presidents and kings have every right, every privilege, to comment or ask or say whatever they want,” Mr. Naimi said. “The concern for the U.S. economy is valid, but what affects the U.S. economy is more than the price of oil. We are very much concerned. We don’t want the U.S. economy go into recession in the future.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/16/wo...hp&oref=slogin
    Last edited by UGLY; 01-15-2008 at 04:56 PM.

Default Re: How pathetic does Bush look now?

Hey Big, how does UGLY edit your post?

Do you think he is also the mini mod over at the other forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Password View Post
    Hey Big, how does UGLY edit your post?

Do you think he is also the mini mod over at the other forum?
    No I am not and I told Big what I edited and why. Unlike the other forum.

Olympic Champ

Ok but not all Arabs wear towels on their heads. These particular Arabs wear towels on their heads in that nytimes picture.

I know Big but a general description of where they are from or what race is good enough without possibly offending some people over a derogatory comment that I am sure you meant nothing by.

Olympic Champ

I just figured I spread the favor after bashing Christians so often. Oh well. As you say master Ugly.

If mods are going to edit posts, can the mods at least provide a note stating what they changed and why?

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    If mods are going to edit posts, can the mods at least provide a note stating what they changed and why?
    Flop I sent Big a pm and told him. I don't see the need to leave a note for everyone to see, considering the purpose of my moderation was to avoid people seeing it because it was not appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    Flop I sent Big a pm and told him. I don't see the need to leave a note for everyone to see, considering the purpose of my moderation was to avoid people seeing it because it was not appropriate.
    That sounds a little like Themat.com, deleting posts for reasons unexplained.