Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hillary Clinton should not be surprised so many women do not support her!

Olympic Champ

Default Hillary Clinton should not be surprised so many women do not support her!

The tradition that men should be in charge of tough decisions is still prevalent in many societies including America.

When you buy a house do you send your wife to make all the financial decisions and stuff like plumbing, driveway pavement and so on?

When you move, do you tell your wife to call the moving company?

Who proposes to whom in marriage traditionally?

When you and your date go to a restaurant for the first time, do you ask her to make arrangements?

Enough said!

Olympic Champ

Default Re: Hillary Clinton should not be surprised so many women do not support her!

I'm sure all the cavemen (and cavewomen) of the world would agree with you Big.

I wonder how Catherine the Great managed?

http://www.britannica.com/eb/article...7/Catherine-II

Olympic Champ

Default Re: Hillary Clinton should not be surprised so many women do not support her!

I wonder how Catherine the Great managed?

She had many smart lovers

Olympic Champ

She also had many smarts.

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by matclone View Post
    She also had many smarts.
    Maybe if American women really saw many smarts in Hillary......but what I am trying to say is that women will not support Hillary JUST BECAUSE she is a woman.

Olympic Champ

I see. Women won't support Hillary just because she is a woman, but men will support the manly candidates just because they are men. Thus, Hillary doesn't stand a chance. I think I'll vote for the guy who talks the toughest--probably a Republican.

Olympic Champ

Traditions. traditions. Perhaps one of the major limits to democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Maybe if American women really saw many smarts in Hillary......but what I am trying to say is that women will not support Hillary JUST BECAUSE she is a woman.
    I agree with that Big. I just read another article about this topic this morning. The basic premise of the article was that the polls are showing that the message is more important to voters than sex. Apparently they're finding that voters in Iowa didn't turn against Hillary because she was a woman. They turned against her because she's representative of what is wrong in Washington. She touts herself as being experienced, however that's now being held against her. Most people aren't happy with the direction the country has taken in the last 7 years and they're turning to someone (Obama) who is seen as being fresh and new in his view of things. It seems that she's the one who is making a big deal out of her sex. The voters, by and large, don't seem to be making their decisions based on sex.

As for Big's first post. While I certainly see many of those points about who does what in the early stages of a relationship, i.e. restaurant, proposal, etc. I think any man who's been in a long term relationship will admit that their wife or significant other is just as, if not more, likely to be the organizer/decision maker in the relationship. Maybe, I'm just dating strong women, but I don't think these women are the exception.

I'd be much more inclined to support Hillary if she had dumped Bill when he acted the fool in the White House.
    I'd like to see a woman in the White House, but I just can't get excited about this one.
    "All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind." -- Abraham Lincoln