Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hillary Clinton should not be surprised so many women do not support her!

Olympic Champ

Default Re: Hillary Clinton should not be surprised so many women do not support her!

therick,

Do you ask your woman to take your car to a repairshop? She can ask you but I am sure you would feel wierd asking her to do that and have her talk to repairmen and make decisions for you.

I am just saying a Presidency can be a very dirty and risky business and women traditionally leave those decisions up to men.

Olympic Champ

Default Re: Hillary Clinton should not be surprised so many women do not support her!

How do you feel a woman ordering troops into combat to die for their country when women themselves are not allowed in combat?

Women presidents in countries like Germany and Britain are the reflection of relative passivity in World affairs that those countries now represent.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    therick,

Do you ask your woman to take your car to a repairshop? She can ask you but I am sure you would feel wierd asking her to do that and have her talk to repairmen and make decisions for you.

I am just saying a Presidency can be a very dirty and risky business and women traditionally leave those decisions up to men.

For that specific thing (car repair shop) the answer would be no, but then since I have worked in the car business that's to be expected. However, she did just fine for years by herself dealing with car repair on her own. So, she is more than qualified to make decisions on that kind of thing. Sure, she'd ask me for my opinion, but that's because I have unique experience in that area.

However, she has much more experience with computers, so if I was getting one fixed, or buying one, I'd ask her for her input.

Any man who thinks he knows it all is an idiot. Part of leadership is surrounding yourself with people with unique talents and knowlege so that you can make a much better informed decision. That holds true no matter what sex the leader is....

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    How do you feel a woman ordering troops into combat to die for their country when women themselves are not allowed in combat?

Women presidents in countries like Germany and Britain are the reflection of relative passivity in World affairs that those countries now represent.
    As opposed to a man who has never served in the military either? or never seen combat?

I have no more issue with a woman ordering troops to war than I do with the series of Presidents following JFK that have done the same with no prior combat experience of their own.

Which woman president does Britain have? I didn't know they had presidents and it's been a long time since they had a woman Prime Minister. Thatcher was anything but weak and passive.

Quote Originally Posted by BonnieJ2 View Post
    I'd be much more inclined to support Hillary if she had dumped Bill when he acted the fool in the White House.
    I'd like to see a woman in the White House, but I just can't get excited about this one.
    Why should her personal life determine whether or not you support her for President?
    Only two people really knows whay is going on in their marriae. Whether is it only political ambition or true love that keeps them together is impossible to say.

Golda Meir (sp?)
    Magaret Thatcher
    Indira Gandhi

All women heads of state that were known for their toughness.

Olympic Champ

Known for their toughness while America and Soviet Union ran the show.

Anyone who think that women aren't or can't be tough has spent too much time away from his momma. I have never known a mother to be lenient on anything. It's easy to say that women aren't tough, but I doubt anyone on this board would say that to their own mother's face (or to Condoleezza Rice).

I don't support Hillary because I don't agree with her platform and her thoughts regarding how to govern. She holds the same values that many men do, including the ones she is running against for the democrat party nomination. Her gender is irrelevant. Her values and ideas mean everything in this campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    Only two people really knows whay is going on in their marriae. Whether is it only political ambition or true love that keeps them together is impossible to say.
    That's true. It's a complex thing when you're together for a long time.

I respected Bill and thought he did a good job, but I couldn't fathom that someone who was in charge of making all those decisions for the country could make such bad decisions with his personal life. It left him so open to criticism and scrutiny from his opponents.
    "All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind." -- Abraham Lincoln