Thread: Jessica Lynch exposed Pentagon of nonsense today

Olympic Champ

Default Jessica Lynch exposed Pentagon of nonsense today

She said on CNN Pentagon has to stop with all the stories making her out to be a Rambo-like hero that shot at the enemy. She honestly conceeded she did not even shoot once.
    Last edited by Big; 04-24-2007 at 12:41 PM.

Olympic Champ

Jessica Lunch?

Can you edit your title on this new forum?

I bet a dollar to donuts CNN was one of several media outlets making Jessica Lunch into Rambo a few years ago.
    Last edited by matclone; 04-24-2007 at 12:35 PM.

Olympic Champ

Well, you know its around my lunch time so.........

No, I don't think this system allows to edit the main title.

Olympic Champ

I always wished we could do that.

Well, I think I'll watch Lynch for lunch, or lunch with Lynch, or something like that.

This is news? I thought this had been common knowledge since like, the end of 03, early 04? Hell, Rick Bragg wrote a whole book about her/with her.

Administrators can edit titles, if necessary (as you can see by this title)

Olympic Champ

Obviously, this is news for CNN.

Olympic Champ

In her testimony this morning, she said she did not understand why the Army put out a story that she went down firing at the enemy.

“I’m confused why they lied,” she said.

Mr. Tillman and Ms. Lynch appeared at a hearing called to examine why “inaccurate accounts of these two incidents” were put out by the administration. Today’s session was part of the Democratically-controlled Congress’s effort to hold the Bush Administration accountable for its conduct of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and other issues.

Pentagon officials and military representatives were scheduled to testify later in the hearing.

Ms. Lynch said she could not know why she was depicted as a “Rambo from West Virginia,” when in fact she was riding in a truck, not fighting, when she was injured.

Dr. Gene Bolles, a doctor who treated Ms. Lynch at a hospital in Germany after she was rescued, said that her injuries, while extensive, were not the result of bullet wounds, as first described.

Mr. Tillman’s tone was more bitter than Ms. Lynch’s. He described the early accounts of his brother’s death as “deliberate and calculated lies” and “deliberate acts of deceit,” rather than the result of confusion or innocent error.

For her part, Ms. Lynch said in her testimony that other members of her unit had acted with genuine heroism that deserved the attention she received. “The bottom line is the American people are capable of determining their own ideas of heroes, and they don’t need to be told elaborate tales,” she said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/24/wa...hp&oref=slogin