Thread: matclone, where have ya been?

Olympic Champ

Default matclone, where have ya been?

Capitalists and religious fanatics are attacking me from all sides since you left here and with no recourse!

Olympic Champ

Default Re: matclone, where have ya been?

I didn't know the religious fanatics had a big presence on this board, but keep telling it like it is, Big.

Here's an idea to ponder: is capitalism God?* Those who tell us "the market" will solve everything, obviously have faith that a certain invisible hand will always do right, as Father Knows Best--in spite of present and past evidence to the contrary.

*Arthur Koestler's The God that Failed a famous book about those who became disillusioned with communism in the first half of the 20th century, reminds me there are those today who think capitalism is God.
    Last edited by matclone; 01-01-2008 at 04:19 PM.

Olympic Champ

If Capitalism is God, then advertisement and loan sharks are Jesus Christ. How ironic!

Round of 12

Matclone, We agree! Hell is freezing over!

The current fixation on laizze faire capitalism solving all the worlds problems through the ministrations of Adam Smiths "Invisable Hand" is the replacement of the Judeo-Christian God, with a economic God.

Read, Paddy's Lament to see where laizze faire capitalism (economics free of moral constraints) leads. The English killed God and replaced him with economics, everyone has been suffering ever since.