Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: It is very difficult right now with all the Jesus talk

Olympic Champ

Default It is very difficult right now with all the Jesus talk

I have to survive "Merry Christmas" greetings everywhere including my work and talk about Jesus in the media until Wednesday. It is really terrible how much energy a society spends on such nonsense!

I just took the ferry and this dude was reading outloud about Jesus the whole ride which is about half an hour. Ahhhhhhh.........

Default Re: It is very difficult right now with all the Jesus talk

I have never been to NY but around here there is little if any talk about Jesus. I don't know why that would bother you anyway. But if you can't even stand to have someone wish you Merry Christmas you are the biggest frickin Scrooge I have ever heard of.
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Olympic Champ

But if you can't even stand to have someone wish you Merry Christmas you are the biggest frickin Scrooge I have ever heard of.

That's just it. Its not just someone. Its many, many people saying it over and over again. Then there is Jesus talk on CNN, the guy on the Ferry, its just I am surrounded by all this excitement that I can never understand.

So who is wishing you Merry Christmas? Your friends? If so, just explain to them that you are not in a festive mood and you wish they would not spread the Christmas cheer in your direction.

On the other hand, if random strangers are the ones doing the wishing, then NYers are getting a bad rap in the media because I would have assumed they'd just as soon stab you as wish you Merry Christmas.
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Olympic Champ

Most of them are not wishing it to me. They are wishing it to each other in my presence. Co-workers, clients and random people on the street.

Big, as a fellow atheist, I have to tell you to lighten up. While I don't want my tax money spent on a religious observation, I have no problem with others (and yes, myself too) enjoying this festive season. Excited kids, adults wishing good tidings to strangers, bright lights, holiday music. It's a happy time for a lot of people and I'm happy to see them enjoying it.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

I was out doing a little last minute shopping last night and was amazed at the number of people shopping. I wonder how our economy would do without those shoppers and the impact they bring?

Big I have to wonder like some of the other posts seem to allude to, are you so big of a scrooge that you, not any of your friends want to have any fun or enjoy the season. I think Spider hits the nail on the head as to the benefit of the season. Also check your pm's going to send you one shortly.
    The Virtual Pew
    Hollywood Jesus
    Personal Web Page
    MySpace Page
    Church Web Page

---------------------------

A certain amount of opposition is of great help to a man. Kites rise against, not with the wind. ~ John Neal

Olympic Champ

Oh guys don't get me wrong. This is a very good time of the year for me as well. New Year is a big holiday for everyone. I just can't get over the Jesus talk. I keep thinking so many people are so horribly confused on congratulating each other the birth of one man who may or may not have lived a long time ago. Its like people are seriously believing the World would not go on without this Jesus Christ figure.

I understand Santa and kids but these are adults.

Oh Furches, come on now the pm offer was silly. I can't accept the offer. Thanks for good wishes though. Same to you friend!

Did you offer to pray for him, Furches?
    "All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind." -- Abraham Lincoln