Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: It is very difficult right now with all the Jesus talk

Olympic Champ

Default Re: It is very difficult right now with all the Jesus talk

What individuals want is a product of propaganda.

Only if you are are a cynic Big. I believe that Mikes motives are pure and so are the motives of others like him. There are bad eggs in every bunch but they do not spoil the whole bunch.

Olympic Champ

The whole religious cause is a gimmick. They can't help everyone. They can't help even a quarter of people adequately.

I dont buy that figure but lets say it is does that mean they shouldnt attempt to help anyone. Also religion is not a cause it is a faith and they take on causes like poverty, aids, starvation.

Olympic Champ

Yeah its bull. Religious cause should be ended and the rich should personally go and live like the poor until the poor get better opportunities. For every success story there are thousands of tragedies.

I don't buy people driving Ferraris when others starve from hunger.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Yeah its bull. Religious cause should be ended and the rich should personally go and live like the poor until the poor get better opportunities. For every success story there are thousands of tragedies.

I don't buy people driving Ferraris when others starve from hunger.

Big, its amazing how this forum here has become a Big paradise for you to express yourself. Good for you.

I think what you do not want to understand is that the ability to get an education, and better yourself means little if you are not encouraged to be great. If we all are meant to live equally, then what drives a man to do more? Without that drive, or inspiration, society will suffer. You wind up in a deficit depending on the worst business at handling finances and companies, the government. In time, you will only have everyone living in what we consider poor today.
    So you would trade about a handfull of have nots in a society where they have a system developed by merit, for a system of the majority living as the have nots, waiting in line for bread, just because you feel we shouldn't have greatness? Am I getting this wrong? I am willing to bet that a Polish immigrant in 2 years will have more in this country than a typical Chines citizen. Am I wrong?

As far as the Jesus thing. What makes you think he may not have existed? He is in every history book I have ever read. Even the Koran acknowledges his existence. I know Jesus existed no less than I know Julius Cesar existed.
    Now whether you believe he is the Messiah is a different story. but even then, what is wrong with celebrating somebodies birth who obviously dedicated their life to help people and sacrificed their life? We have Martin Luther King as a school holiday don't we.

I am sure you don't complain about the days off you get for Christmas, right? whats wrong with thanking Christmas for those days off at the very least. And what is wrong if Christmas sparks the economy? That is prosperous. Even the have nots (i call "Have less" as many have cell phones internet etc...) can enjoy.

I told this to another person as an anology. Lets say you came to this country from Eastern Europe...lol. Ok. They follow soccer 'religiously'. But here, we follow football religiously. You as somebody that doesn't get football as many Europeans don't, never quite join in conversations during lunch with co-workers. And you keep seeing all these advertisements in the e-mail at work for wear your favorite teams jersey and join the football pool. You feel alienated.

Now do you feel:

a) the company should stop talking about any sports entirely and only as a place of business because someone like yourself may feel alienated. And they should also not talk about football on the ferry.

b) realize that its great to be able to escape the stress of work sometimes, and just continue work as usual.

Assuming you chose b) Being someone who is not vested into strong belief in religion, why would it be any different.

If you chose a) then we shouldn't do anything in public, because we might offend. That sounds like the oposite of freedom doesn't it.

Olympic Champ

Great to see you on this forum leglace. Yeah, the moderators were kind enough to let me dwell here without strings attached.

Ok now, leglace, be honest with yourself. Look around. Sure you got people with cell phones. However, this society is largely defisient in many aspects in general. A huge chunk of people knows no English or at least can't write or read well. Many are poorly educated and skills in science are lacking. A huge chunk of people are born into poverty from day one. They could have been great people under different circumstances but they just don't see or know any better. Come to NYC Harlem's neighborhood for example and you will see.

I tend to think better opportunities for everyone (NOT Equality) to succeed are well worth the price at the expense of less chance to become super-rich, especially if its your daddy providing the finances.

You can say all these things about psychology of the drive and such but the bottom line is people will behave exactly how they are told to behave from childhood.

I don't believe Jesus Christ even existed as he is portrayed and I don't care what books have information about it. The facts are simply not there and Koran is just another fairy tale book.

God people are nothing but a bunch of profiteers that can't hack it otherwise. What they do is a drop in the sea when compared to what needs to be done.

That's all for now.

Olympic Champ

Here is a good article for you leglace to read before you start making absurd statements about other countries:

BARBOURVILLE, Ky. — In the 18 years he has been visiting nursing homes, seeing patients in his private practice and, more recently, driving his mobile dental clinic through Appalachian hills and hollows, Dr. Edwin E. Smith has seen the extremes of neglect.

He has seen the shame of a 14-year-old girl who would not lift her head because she had lost most of her teeth from malnutrition, and the do-it-yourself pride of an elderly mountain man who, unable to afford a dentist, pulled his own infected teeth with a pair of pliers and a swig of peroxide.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/24/us...hp&oref=slogin