Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: It is very difficult right now with all the Jesus talk

Default Re: It is very difficult right now with all the Jesus talk

Big, having faith only makes you stronger to deal with things. Its the feeling when you are far away somewhere away from family try to make something out of yourself. Your family back home is a sense of security and that feeling keeps you going. Faith can do that. Of course to those who have faith in their religion, they actually should believe in their religion as well. Faith is supposed to be a convenient thing.

Elisa, are you Nates sister? Do you have an older sister?

Olympic Champ

Plastic surgery also gives many people strength. Doesn't mean its the right thing to do.

If its about right and wrong, then your making a tough argument. There is too much unanswered that points to a higher being in this world. We are doing great with science, but it hasn't scratched the surface yet with meaningful explanations. People have every right to believe in a god as they do to doubt it. And as I said before, it is not a waste of time. It is actually a load off our backs to know that there is a reason for everything. Faith is obviously just that. Faith in something we do not know in absolution, but in our gut.

Big, all I was saying was that my faith and knowing that she's somewhere safe helps me. Suprisingly, I've been the strongest out of my entire family-- not that I don't have my moments, but it's something that helps me each day and with my faith, I've been able to live my life as I normally would. I get up every day, I got to work, I take care of my 10 month old. I still think about Adria every day and know that I'll see her some day again. Until that time comes, I'll keep on living.

Leglace- I am Nathan's older sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    I think its a mistake Elisa to think that way. You have many years to live and you are right now hoping to see your daughter somewhere after death.

Why not accept the tragedy, remember the best times you had with her, think of millions of other children that also tragically leave us in this world AND HOPE THAT BY THE TIME YOU GET OLD HERE EVERYTHING WILL MAKE SENSE.

I think as you go through life things will begin to fall into place. In other words, right now by thinking of some heaven you are filling your head with something that is not the right time to think about.

The time now is to live, remember, and make use of every day!
    I agree completely, but as John Lennon said: "Whatever gets you through the night." As long as people don't bother me and aren't destructive to themselves, let them believe what they want . . . and quite frankly, I really hope that those who believe in an afterlife and being reunited with deceased loved ones are right, but I dont' believe they are.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Like I said in a previous post, 'to each his own.' I have no way of telling you if I'm right or wrong. I believe what I believe, you believe what you believe. Until the day comes to find out, there's some life to be lived. If I've learned one thing from everything that's happened, it's that life is precious- tell those that you love that you love them and live every day like it's your last... because in a moment it can be taken away.

Everybody have a safe and Happy New Year!
    Last edited by Elisa; 12-30-2007 at 08:26 PM.

Exactly, Elisa. We all believe what we believe, but nobody knows. I hope your holidays are filled with the blessings of a popular Christmas Carol: comfort and joy.

Sincere best wishes,
    Jack
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Thanks, Jack!

Happy New Year!

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    Like I said in a previous post, 'to each his own.' I have no way of telling you if I'm right or wrong. I believe what I believe, you believe what you believe. Until the day comes to find out, there's some life to be lived. If I've learned one thing from everything that's happened, it's that life is precious- tell those that you love that you love them and live every day like it's your last... because in a moment it can be taken away.

Everybody have a safe and Happy New Year!
    Elisa keep the faith. I lost my father almost 3yrs ago and I still shed tears everyday, if not for my faith in Jesus and my love for the rest of my family I am not sure that I would be here to post on this forum.
    Grief is a complicated thing and I don't think anybody can get through it alone.
    I will be praying for your family.
    Sincerely Tony Avallone
    http://www.youtube.com/TonyAvallone
    Dad of Karissa 155lb Varsity College Freshman