Thread: Some more thoughts on Cho and the media

Olympic Champ

Default Some more thoughts on Cho and the media

Why did he just kill people randomly when he was clearly raging against the rich people?

Well, he likened himself to Jesus Christ. His cause was clearly religious in his mind. Now, don't we all know about stories of religious figures or God's messengers coming down to Earth and taking some precious things from people that have sinned? Like someone's daughter, son or a wife? I believe this is very clear in holy ancient mythology.

Well, Cho felt he was a holy being that came to take away something precious, America's college students, for all the sins of the powerful people in this country.

Now, one thing on the media. Multiple people said something like: "He was trying to prove he wasn't a loser that he was." I don't know how anyone can call a college senior a loser!

Olympic Champ

Human sacrifice
    Main article: Human sacrifice
    Human sacrifice was practiced by many ancient cultures. People would be ritually killed in a manner that was supposed to please or appease some god or spirit. While not widely known, human sacrifices for religious reasons still exist today in a number of nations.

Some occasions for human sacrifice found in multiple cultures on multiple continents include:

Human sacrifice to accompany the dedication of a new temple or bridge.
    Sacrifice of people upon the death of a king, high priest or great leader; the sacrificed were supposed to serve or accompany the deceased leader in the next life.
    Human sacrifice in times of natural disaster. Droughts, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions etc were seen as a sign of anger or displeasure by deities, and sacrifices were supposed to lessen the divine ire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacrifices

Olympic Champ

This kid was an English major. He probably read all those mythologies and stuff.

Now, one thing on the media. Multiple people said something like: "He was trying to prove he wasn't a loser that he was." I don't know how anyone can call a college senior a loser!

It doesn't take much to graduate from college nowadays. As long as your tuition check doesn't bounce, you're going to have a hard time flunking out of an average school.

I know plenty of people who have college degrees that are losers. Their parents paid their full tuition, they f'ed around for four to six years, and they are still lazy and have no desire to contribute to society in any way.

The SoKorean psycho was not only a psycho, but he was a loser as well.

Why are you (and most of the media) spending so much time analyzing the psycho? I'm much more interested to hear of the good things and high aspirations that many of his victims had. Does anyone know the names of the victims? It seems like the only name being thrown around is of the SoKorean d'bag.

Round of 12

You could be correct Big, as a matter of fact I'm sure you are. He was a loser though, being a college senior doesn't immunize you from that.

I can understand a college senior or anybody feeling disenfranchised and a loser. Even if the objective facts are to the contrary, many life experiences beat us down and tear at our self image. It's often not easy just getting along, and if someone is deranged and has a screwed up perception of the world to begin with, this kind of thing can happen. The tragic thing is that many people who might go over the edge and just commit suicide now have the idea that they can publicize their plight more and go out in a blaze of glory by "going Columbine." I don't have any answers except as I said in an earlier post - we have to accept our world as it is and not hide under the bed in fear, but live our lives.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.