Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: George Bush....opinion

Default George Bush....opinion

so what about George Bush.......do ya al love him or hate him........ personally i think he fookin rocks

Default Re: George Bush....opinion

Had me at first, but lost me.
    The Virtual Pew
    Hollywood Jesus
    Personal Web Page
    MySpace Page
    Church Web Page

---------------------------

A certain amount of opposition is of great help to a man. Kites rise against, not with the wind. ~ John Neal

Bush sucks. He will be remembered as one of the worst presidents ever IMO. Probably top five when it comes to the worst presidents ever.

Which George Bush are you asking about?
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.

If we're talking about dubbya, then I'd say he's done more to harm American foreign policy, the domestic economy and the environment than any other US President in history.

I wouldn't use the term "hate", but I dislike him, his beliefs, his policy and his administration a great deal.

edit: On the environment, he's simply the worst we've had since the country began efforts to protect our wild animals and wild places. Not a big deal to many in this country, but I'm one of those that has seen some of the many natural wonders of this great land and holds them dear to my heart. I also, believe that keeping them wild and protected is more important than the timber, oil or gas that can be extracted from them.
    Last edited by therick; 11-15-2007 at 08:13 PM.

NCAA Champ

Don't really care for either Bush boys, just bring our children home and let the arabs kill each other.

I've had a printout of this in my office since 1999.
    "All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind." -- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by therick View Post
    If we're talking about dubbya, then I'd say he's done more to harm American foreign policy, the domestic economy and the environment than any other US President in history.

I wouldn't use the term "hate", but I dislike him, his beliefs, his policy and his administration a great deal.

edit: On the environment, he's simply the worst we've had since the country began efforts to protect our wild animals and wild places. Not a big deal to many in this country, but I'm one of those that has seen some of the many natural wonders of this great land and holds them dear to my heart. I also, believe that keeping them wild and protected is more important than the timber, oil or gas that can be extracted from them.
    How has Bush harmed the environment? What policies did he put in place that resulted directly in harm to the environment?

How did his policies result in a catastrophic economic environment. You didn't specifically say that, but I assume that by doing the "most harm" to the domestic economy, then you believe that his policies resulted in a horrific domestic economy. Which of his policies did it, and which portion of the economy did it affect.

I think you can legitimately make the case that Bush has damaged the U.S.'s relations in foreign policy, although that's not necessarily a bad thing. I'd also make the case that Bush could legitimately be charged with war crimes for his torture policies. I'd make the case that Bush f'ed up the reconstruction of Iraq. I'd make the case that Bush is one of the least eloquent presidents ever. I'd make the case that Bush is a lover of big government, and should not be called anything close to a conservative.

But, the economy is in great shape, other than the subprime blip, which wasn't Bush's doing. Assuming that you believe the environment is in bad shape, how did Bush cause it?

I think America is too hard on Bush. America is one of the elite superpowers in the world thanks to him.... and that enviroment crap is pointless...... can stop global warming......so i say sooner rather than later..
    Emmet Byrne
    favourite move- gullitone.
    hate- WWF (gives wrestling a bad name)
    music- everything rock