Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 29
Discuss And The Winner Is... at the Politics & Religion within the Wrestling Talk Forums; ...Willard Mitt Romney, darling of the "Tea Party." These were the results that I predicted, ...
  1. #1
    NCAA Champ ban basketball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,817

    Default And The Winner Is...

    ...Willard Mitt Romney, darling of the "Tea Party." These were the results that I predicted, using the interactive map.

    I'd be curious to see how others predict it. It seems that anyway that I chop it, I see Willard Mitt Romney winning it next week.

    Oops...I thought that my results WOULD BE the link, but they aren't. I posted it on my Twitter, which is the only place that my state by state results could be seen.

    Anyway, I see it as 288-243 for Willard Mitt Romney, darling of the "Tea Party."

    CNN 2012 Electoral Map -- Elections & Politics from CNN.com
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  2. #2
    Olympic Champ Flop The Nuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,469

    Default Re: And The Winner Is...

    I hope you're right, although I'm thinking the Tea Party would rather have had someone else get the GOP nomination.

  3. #3
    NCAA Champ ban basketball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,817

    Default Re: And The Winner Is...

    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    I hope you're right, although I'm thinking the Tea Party would rather have had someone else get the GOP nomination.
    I hope that I'm wrong, but I'm not so sure.

    I use the phrase, "darling of the tea party" because of exactly what you say. Even though the "Tea Party" (the quotes have similar significance) sure were holding steadfast to conservative principles with no compromise, no support of RINOS, etc, they sure jumped that ship quickly to show full fledged, undying support for Willard Mitt Romney, who is probably the definition of a RINO, and FAR more moderate than what they claimed to have stood for.

    Bottom line? I don't think that they had any principles at all, aside from ABO (Anybody but Obama).
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  4. #4
    Olympic Champ Flop The Nuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,469

    Default Re: And The Winner Is...

    Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Bottom line? I don't think that they had any principles at all, aside from ABO (Anybody but Obama).
    I think I'd disagree with that, but I don't actually know much about the Tea Party so I can't say for certain.

    I think the majority of both the D's and R's kind of follow the same protocol - hold your nose and vote for your candidate. I never felt good about voting for Bush (twice), and McCain, and I didn't feel great about voting for Romney yesterday. But compared to the alternative...

  5. #5
    NCAA Champ ban basketball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,817

    Default Re: And The Winner Is...

    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    I think I'd disagree with that, but I don't actually know much about the Tea Party so I can't say for certain.

    I think the majority of both the D's and R's kind of follow the same protocol - hold your nose and vote for your candidate. I never felt good about voting for Bush (twice), and McCain, and I didn't feel great about voting for Romney yesterday. But compared to the alternative...
    Yes, but if they truly stood for the principles that they screamed and yowled about at all of those rallies in 2009-2010, they would NEVER vote for Willard Mitt Romney, darling of the "Tea Party," who defines a RINO.

    The very fact that you never hear of "Tea party" rallies right now, the fact that all of the most vocal of them are now the most vocal of Willard Mitt Romney, darling of the "Tea Party," supporters suggests to me that those principles have been thrown out the door for ABO. That's why I'm insisting with all of them to vote their principles FIRST and write in "Tea Party" candidates, rather than sell out their principles for someone that they would have never dreamed of supporting just a few months ago.

    If they don't write in their candidate, then I hope that that means that the "Tea Party" is officially dead, as they clearly have shown that they don't really believe in the apparent principles that they espoused.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  6. #6
    Olympic Champ Flop The Nuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,469

    Default Re: And The Winner Is...

    I hate to bring everything back to sex with beautiful women, but, here I go again.

    I can head out every night going to bars hoping to meet a Playboy Playmate, and that could be the epitome of a perfect woman to me. But eventually I'm going to have to settle for a semi good-looking woman (ideally with a background in gymnastics and/or a license in massage therapy). You can't fault me for eventually hitting something on an order of magnitude less than Playmate material, right? You can only vote (or sleep with) the option that's presented to you.

  7. #7
    NCAA Champ ban basketball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    3,817

    Default Re: And The Winner Is...

    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    I hate to bring everything back to sex with beautiful women, but, here I go again.

    I can head out every night going to bars hoping to meet a Playboy Playmate, and that could be the epitome of a perfect woman to me. But eventually I'm going to have to settle for a semi good-looking woman (ideally with a background in gymnastics and/or a license in massage therapy). You can't fault me for eventually hitting something on an order of magnitude less than Playmate material, right? You can only vote (or sleep with) the option that's presented to you.
    You have other options: write ins, which is my point.

    If they TRULY believed in their "Tea party" principles then they would be writing in Bachmann, 999, and Gingrich. If not, then their principles don't come first, but, rather, beating Obama becomes their only REAL principle.

    I'm living proof of it in the 2000 election. I wasn't a Clinton fan, and associated Gore with Clinton, so I couldn't ring myself to vote for him so I wrote in who was my favorite democrat candidate at that time( can't recall).

    WRITE IN! WRITE IN! WRITE IN!
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

  8. #8
    World Champ
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Lakewood
    Posts
    2,443

    Default Re: And The Winner Is...

    Sandy has become a natural disaster.......................

    ....for Romney.
    DSCH: a Soviet artist's reply to unjust criticism.

  9. #9
    Olympic Champ Flop The Nuts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    4,469

    Default Re: And The Winner Is...

    Quote Originally Posted by LkwdSteve View Post
    Sandy has become a natural disaster.......................

    ....for Romney.
    How so?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

user tags

Nobody landed on this page from a search engine, yet!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •