Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GM could still fall despite gov.bailout

Default Re: GM could still fall despite gov.bailout

These CURRENT numbers seem to lokk pretty derned good too! Sure doesn't seem like Ford is the only shining star in America, and that the world competition is THAT far ahead of GM.

Auto Sales - Markets Data Center - WSJ.com
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Just so everyone knows, everything on most Toyotas and Mitsubishis that are made from steel are built right here in America with American steel and workers. I work for them. We don't ship oversees but do ship to US and Canada where they are then assembled. I can't speak for electrical components but as far as the steel goes, if you drive Toyota in America then you are supporting American non- union workers.

Think of a graph: It went up, was up last quarter, and is now down this QUARTER.

Down one quarter, compared to the past two years=GM is going bankrupt.

Gee, I wonder why I think people are rooting for America to fail.

I'd feel sick to be associated with such America haters, personally.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    Think of a graph: It went up, was up last quarter, and is now down this QUARTER.

Down one quarter, compared to the past two years=GM is going bankrupt.

Gee, I wonder why I think people are rooting for America to fail.

I'd feel sick to be associated with such America haters, personally.
    You are a hater when it comes to republican policy, so save it. The fact is it is down, it is losing money in europe and in order for the Gov. to recover its investment anywhere in the near future GM needs to make huge gains. The company is not run well and the UAW is likely to kill it also. Contrary to polular belief if GM fails America does not fail. GM is a company that can go out of business and should be allowed to do so if they can not compete in the market.

So every time you pointed out that Bush was an idiot or that his policies were bad you were rooting for America to Fail.

I would also assume that because Obama was against the Bush policies and pointed out when they failed that he was rooting against America too.

You make a good point Ugly. American owned car companies are not what they used to be. It's no longer the "us versus them" thing. Honda, Toyota, Mitsubishi are all made right here in America by American workers. If GM can't figure out how to compete then screw them. It isn't rooting for or against America. Would people rather see thousands of American workers get laid off just because the sign on the door at work says Toyota? It doesn't make sense for anyone who really looks at it. This isn't 1952. GM and Chevy are no more American made than a Toyora or Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    It isn't rooting for or against America.
    It is, when people are practically salivating for the the opportunity to use the possible failure of the company to score political points against the President..
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12