Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you change?

Default What would you change?

If you had the chance to go back in time what even would you change?

For me

1. Holocaust would have to be stopped no matter what.
    2. The Crusades would also have to be stopped.
    3. The assassination of JFK would not take place.
    4. Elvis Presley's death

Default Re: What would you change?

I have thought about this on occasion but I always go back to one thing. How are you going to stop something? I mean you may have a shot at stopping things involving a single person like JFK but what are you going to do? Call a bomb threat in at his hotel? Stalk Oswald? Much less something like stopping the Crusades.

Anyway back to the topic, I would say 9-11, and I would sure as hell make sure Pauly Shore got abducted as a child and ended up somewhere like Norway.
    You do the math..... I'll do the alfredo!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

lets just imagine you had the absolute ability to stop the event.

Hiring Lloyd Carr as Headcoach, University of Michigan Football.

Olympic Champ

I wish my parents never brought me to America.

Olympic Champ

I mean sure there are many great things about America and I had some wonderful experiences so far living here. However, I am not a big believer in immigration. Learning a new language from zero in high school, working demeaning jobs as a teenager because my parents could not afford to buy me any decent clothes or even furniture for themselves (Our first sofa was found on the street), facing discrimination as an immigrant, putting up with folkstyle wrestling, and facing purely materialistic people among other things just by far outweighed the positives so far.

Olympic Champ

Gable would beat Owings.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    I mean sure there are many great things about America and I had some wonderful experiences so far living here. However, I am not a big believer in immigration. Learning a new language from zero in high school, working demeaning jobs as a teenager because my parents could not afford to buy me any decent clothes or even furniture for themselves (Our first sofa was found on the street), facing discrimination as an immigrant, putting up with folkstyle wrestling, and facing purely materialistic people among other things just by far outweighed the positives so far.
    I mean this as a legitimate, respectful question and not as a sarcastic, knee jerk reply, but if living in Russia is so much better than here, why don't you go back?
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Olympic Champ

Spider,

You don't understand what I am saying. By the time I grew up and understood what I went through I was like 26. As a child you don't question your parents. You just follow along and make the best of it. Most of the immigrants I know including some of my relatives are either into technology work or speech pathology or social work and other second rate jobs. None of them even expected to be great at anything ever in their lives. They are happy to be average. They are typical immigrants.

I was always a person that did not accept anyone being better than me just because in whatever I did. Try dealing with all the things I explained above when you have this attitude.

It doesn't matter so much right now. It mattered when I was a teenager. Life in Russia in general is not better than here but it might be better for certain people that were born there.