Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Marathon

Default Re: Marathon

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    I remember that guy. Shareef Abdur Rahim I think.
    Wasn't his name like Chris Johnson or something like that? I remember that it was about as plain ol' American as you could get before his conversion.

Not sure if he was fined or not but I do know he recieved a lot of flack for turning his back. I read an article or saw on tv that he was trying to build a new house around that time and it kept getting vandalized and they had to start over. Finally he just gave up.

If I recall correctly (which is doubtful) he was Nation of Islam and not a typical Muslim .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, birth name was Chris Jackson
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Back to marathon: Kiprotich, the marathon winner at London returned home today and received hero's welcome at the airport, in the streets and in the prison where he is employed as warder. Long live the last line in the welcome text!