Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Supremes rule on ObamaCare

Default Supremes rule on ObamaCare

Most of my co-workers are aghast, but I thought it a breath of fresh air.

Still I wouldn't be adverse to Congress repealing the "now" constititutional law. The debate should be between a single-payer system or going back to what we had.
    DSCH: a Soviet artist's reply to unjust criticism.

Default Re: Supremes rule on ObamaCare

Single payer would be an end to America as we once knew it. I am afraid that is where this will lead if it isn't repealed. When people laugh about things posted and commented on what they will lead to, this is a perfect example. We went from Medicare to help the elderly, to helping the disabled, to helping the "poor", to helping illegals and now it's just a law for everyone. But I'm sure people were called conspiracy theorists if they suggested, back then, that America would one day REQUIRE everyone to buy insurance or get taxed/fined (whatever they're calling it these days).

But I'm sure they won't make us buy anything else in the future, right? Nah......just conspiracy theory stuff.

Statement on Supreme Court Obamacare Decision

"Today we should remember that virtually everything government does is a 'mandate.' The issue is not whether Congress can compel commerce by forcing you to buy insurance, or simply compel you to pay a tax if you don’t. The issue is that this compulsion implies the use of government force against those who refuse. The fundamental hallmark of a free society should be the rejection of force. In a free society, therefore, individuals could opt out of “Obamacare” without paying a government tribute." - Ron Paul

Statement on Supreme Court Obamacare Decision

Last edited by kr1963; 06-29-2012 at 02:12 AM.

why should I have to pay $2800 for something I will NEVER use? I have cancer now & all my choices are SURGERY, CHEMO or RADIATION. Why not just sign me up for a death sentence? Why cant I choose what I want? Why cant I opt out. Signing up for AFLAC is 1,000,000 times better then this $hit. Why cant I go see this doctor? >>>

Under Obamacare I HAVE to pay. Why would you ever want to subject anymore to that? AND then tell them they cannot see the doctor that could save their life? This "affordable health care" is an illusion!

Basically, this is a tax that you have to pay to private companies. For all of the screaming the Right did over single-payer — and for good, outcome-based reasons — at least the taxes raised to fund it would go directly to government. The Supreme Court has signed off on what is, in very practical terms, a tax levied by the insurance industry on Americans simply for existing. It’s an amazing, and fearsome, decision that really should have both Right and Left horrified.

The USSC was groping to find a way to legitimize the law calling this a right to tax. The written opinion of the dissenting 4 called the entire law illegal which means this was a stiffly divided decision. I surmise Roberts was on the fence not liking some portion of it, but accepting other aspects and had to vote red or green, legal or illegal..... and went for all rather than none. Using the federal right to tax as the basis of the decision was clearly a poor decision.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

51 years later, and by gum, still no full blown socialerism in the U.S. Who would have thunk that one, eh?

UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Single payer would be an end to America as we once knew it. I am afraid that is where this will lead if it isn't repealed. When people laugh about things posted and commented on what they will lead to, this is a perfect example. We went from Medicare to help the elderly, to helping the disabled, to helping the "poor", to helping illegals and now it's just a law for everyone. But I'm sure people were called conspiracy theorists if they suggested, back then, that America would one day REQUIRE everyone to buy insurance or get taxed/fined (whatever they're calling it these days).

But I'm sure they won't make us buy anything else in the future, right? Nah......just conspiracy theory stuff.
    I used to think you were nutty, but now I have to agree with you; healthcare reform will be the end of the US
    I wonder what the new country will be called. I assumed we will be ruled by the UN, sharia law installed and all guns confiscated.