Thread: Hacked Again

Default Hacked Again

Every thread gets diverted again
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Default Re: Hacked Again

Turkish Hackers targeting vbullietin software....
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

Quote Originally Posted by Wiltz View Post
    Turkish Hackers targeting vbullietin software....
    I have absolutely no idea what that means. Does it mean that they somehow attack any software that uses vbullietin software (whatever that is)?

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I have absolutely no idea what that means.
    They hacked Wiltz's brain.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

The forum software TWT uses is vbulletin; which is one of the most popular forum software available. Doing some research last night there are some vulnerabilities in the software. Also I found on the vbulletin forum there were several people complaining about the same thing happening, all the IP were in Turkey. I have text Jensen last night but, I have not gotten a response. I spent a hour or so researching last night. So it does feel like my brain has been hacked.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke; KR1963 and rpayton

I texted him yesterday @ 6 pm EDT about. He didn't seem to happy about it (as I would expect).

Also often really good hackers don't use the IP address that appears Wiltz. If they are smart they aren't in Turkey. If they are using a direct connected proxy or online web proxy JensenS could still gain information regarding where these services connect to & perhaps who is doing it. The ending chained proxy (if present) closest to the hacker will have his real connection information if he is receiving data directly from TWT connections.

Traveling through chains of proxies isn't necessarily easy, but if JensenS can identify the networks & then use some specific protocols to track them with this data, he could find portals to the hacker. This would work unless the hacker is using a Push-only command trojan (one way data flow not 2-way) to activate an e-mail and/or server (which would need to be on the TWT system) to an unassociated email/ftp service which the hacker always connect to via a proxy or chain of proxies.

If he is using a trojan, then the software being used to transmit data/files or receive instructions from the hacker can be used to find out stuff like:
    a) how they are connecting through proxies, networks of PCs (which is how ANON executes their DOS attacks) or which web-based forwarder the hacker is using as the commands would have a IP log probably;
    b) any usernames and passwords the hacker maybe using to connect to services, (that might piss them off ha!);
    c) with some reverse engineering, reversing channels present in coding that may be used to infiltrate their computer.

However I would only do all of that if this stuff was really malicious. So far it only seems to be annoying.

I don't want to piss them off. I want to increase the flexibility of their knees - in at least two axes.

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    I texted him yesterday @ 6 pm EDT about. He didn't seem to happy about it (as I would expect).

Also often really good hackers don't use the IP address that appears Wiltz. If they are smart they aren't in Turkey. If they are using a direct connected proxy or online web proxy JensenS could still gain information regarding where these services connect to & perhaps who is doing it. The ending chained proxy (if present) closest to the hacker will have his real connection information if he is receiving data directly from TWT connections.

Traveling through chains of proxies isn't necessarily easy, but if JensenS can identify the networks & then use some specific protocols to track them with this data, he could find portals to the hacker. This would work unless the hacker is using a Push-only command trojan (one way data flow not 2-way) to activate an e-mail and/or server (which would need to be on the TWT system) to an unassociated email/ftp service which the hacker always connect to via a proxy or chain of proxies.

If he is using a trojan, then the software being used to transmit data/files or receive instructions from the hacker can be used to find out stuff like:
    a) how they are connecting through proxies, networks of PCs (which is how ANON executes their DOS attacks) or which web-based forwarder the hacker is using as the commands would have a IP log probably;
    b) any usernames and passwords the hacker maybe using to connect to services, (that might piss them off ha!);
    c) with some reverse engineering, reversing channels present in coding that may be used to infiltrate their computer.

However I would only do all of that if this stuff was really malicious. So far it only seems to be annoying.
    What? Having some experience in data mining, forensics, and network security invasion more than likely these types of arseholes are using more sophisticated tor like client annonymity software which is difficult to trace.

Quote Originally Posted by pm01 View Post
    What? Having some experience in data mining, forensics, and network security invasion more than likely these types of arseholes are using more sophisticated tor like client annonymity software which is difficult to trace.
    Hence I said
    Also often really good hackers don't use the IP address that appears Wiltz. If they are smart they aren't in Turkey.
    But seeing as they are just creating a nuisance more then anything destructive (apparently) my guess is that doing what I say might yield some results. If they were truly doing something destructive or stealing identities then I would say yea slim & none in terms of capturing any traceable data.