Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not sure what to think

Default Re: Not sure what to think

That was the gist of the article. The fact that they call them so early and are rarely wrong. That's why I didn't know what to think. On one hand it seems that they already know who won because it was set up. On the other hand, there are people paid to do that and be good at it. One really interesting thing in it was a Tennessee court hearing of a guy who admittedly made a computer program to rig electronic voting machines. He swore under oath that he did it and it would switch votes to make at least a 51%-49% win for whoever you wanted to win. It was an interesting video. Makes you think and question. And when we stop questioning, we are controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Kind of funny you linked this. I just heard on the radio that the new studies show that 1 in 88 kids in America are being diagnosed with Autism. Quite a jump even from the numbers in the video.
    Think Huxley's Brave New World

the term AWAKE !! has been attributed to a dozen or more people -mostly tho to gurdjeff -who believed mankind lived in a state of sleep 90% of the time . The Theosophists agreed with this and , during WWII GERMANY AWAKE was hitler's personal slogan . AND , the greatest movie of all time (THEY LIVE ) followed the same thing , albeit you had to wear sunglasses to see the ''real'' world.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Payton, I've never heard of the movie "They Live". Could you give a quick review of what it is?

Rowdy Roddy Piper plays and unemployed construction worker who stumbles into an alien take over of the planet . it is campy yet endorsed by boatloads of Conspiracy theorists . W/O the glasses you see the ''normal'' world -put them on and you see subliminal messages everywhere .Of course no take over would ever happen w/o human help and these are the rich and politicians . Once again , the material had to be presented as funny fiction -much like the Illuminatus trilogy .
    In one scene a bunch of peace activists start their own town w/o any use for big Brother . Of course they are squashed instantly . Just as Hoovervilles were .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

You had me at Rowdy Roddy Piper....

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    Oh no wonder they hacked this site...you've done it now Russ!

WHAT ?? They Live is a cult classic !! I think carpenter directed it. a great fight scene .