Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amish people, an interesting bunch

Default Re: Amish people, an interesting bunch

Couple of things, there are many sects of Anabaptists, for example, Mennonites are as diverse as Southern Baptists from United Methodists. I suspect Big would support some of the Anabaptists publications like SoJourners. I know much of this because my affiliation as a pastor is with the MB church, and I speak at various Mennonite Church groups, including GC or what is now known as MCUSA of which my daughter will soon be named Communications Director for the denomination.

As to being able to find a Amish person on a message board, it may not be as difficult as you think, especially if that Amish young adult is going throuh Ramspringa. I have in fact found many Amish individuals on message boards, even having MySpace or Facebook pages.
    The Virtual Pew
    Hollywood Jesus
    Personal Web Page
    MySpace Page
    Church Web Page

---------------------------

A certain amount of opposition is of great help to a man. Kites rise against, not with the wind. ~ John Neal

National Finalist

I read a book recently called The Reformers and Their Stepchildren. It was almost exclusively about the anabaptists, even before they were called anabaptists (throughout church history). Excellent book.

National Finalist

An area I will agree with my friend here, but will also disagree. Luther, Calvin and others who also upheld the martyrdom of Anabaptists were also those strongly respected within certain sectors of the religious community.
    - Mike

I'm not following your disagreement. Luthur and Calvin were both Protestants and part of the union with church/state. Anabaptists were never part of church/state. I don't think we disagree here at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dart Shark View Post
    He said something was wrong with the Emergency Brake though.

Dude, THAT'S funny. LOL
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."