Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 10

Thread: Bush backs an illegal immigrant killer/rapist

  1. #1
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,935

    Default Bush backs an illegal immigrant killer/rapist

    http://http://www.alipac.us/modules....ticle&sid=2628

    I first saw this story on Glen Beck and I couldn't believe it. Pres. Bush is stepping in and removing the death penalty for an illegal alien gang member who raped and killed two girls. From I have read there wasn't much of a trial because the killer/rapist admitted to killing the girls and keeping a Mickey Mouse watch as a trophy then giving it to his girlfriend.

    I say you have got to fry this guy. There is no reason anyone should get away with this type of crime. I cant believe that Bush is backing this scum, this guy should die and Bush should keep quiet. This only empowers other illegal criminals to do what they want because they too could have charges dropped.

    What really burns me is Bush to my knowledge offered no support for the two Border Patrol officers who shot a known drug dealer while in pursuit of the individual who was attempting to bring hundreds of pounds of pot into the country.

    If this is a secure border it is a joke and if things of this nature continue to happen I cant imagine what kind of vigilante justice will happen in border towns.

  2. #2
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    It's a long way from East Colorado
    Posts
    3,740

    Default Re: Bush backs an illegal immigrant killer/rapist

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    http://http://www.alipac.us/modules....ticle&sid=2628

    I first saw this story on Glen Beck and I couldn't believe it.
    Yes, it's probably a good idea to take anything he presents with a whopping grain of salt.

    Quote Originally Posted by ugly
    Pres. Bush is stepping in and removing the death penalty for an illegal alien gang member who raped and killed two girls. From I have read there wasn't much of a trial because the killer/rapist admitted to killing the girls and keeping a Mickey Mouse watch as a trophy then giving it to his girlfriend.

    I say you have got to fry this guy. There is no reason anyone should get away with this type of crime. I cant believe that Bush is backing this scum, this guy should die and Bush should keep quiet. This only empowers other illegal criminals to do what they want because they too could have charges dropped.
    And why did Pres. Bush take the action he's taking (assuming the story has any kernel of truth)? Blank. And what does the criminal's immigration status have to do with this? And what does that have to do with encouraging other criminals to take criminal action?

    Quote Originally Posted by ugly
    What really burns me is Bush to my knowledge offered no support for the two Border Patrol officers who shot a known drug dealer while in pursuit of the individual who was attempting to bring hundreds of pounds of pot into the country.
    The border patrol agents were tried and convicted. They broke the law. It sounds like there's something you don't like about the laws we have in place.

    Do you suppose Beck might just be playing the race card? Do you suppose he would ever yank your chain? Do you suppose he's doing anything to change the law he supposedly doesn't like, or is here merely trying to exhort you to anger?

  3. #3
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,935

    Default Re: Bush backs an illegal immigrant killer/rapist

    Clone the only thig that really matters to me is that a rapist/murderer is getting the support of the president to avoid the death penalty. The reason Bush wants to take away the death penalty is because Texas may not have notified the mexican consulat(sp). This happened 13 years ago and now he wants to step in.

    Also who cares if those border agenst have been tried and convicted, Bush has the power to pardon them like he did Scooter. The fact that he has not done so pisses me off. To my point this rapist as also been tried and convicted and admitted guilt.

    I am also saying that if this is the way we are going to deal with illegal immigrants that break other laws aside just being here illegaly then what power do we have to secure our border. We give them more protection under our law than we do American citizens.

  4. #4
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    It's a long way from East Colorado
    Posts
    3,740

    Default Re: Bush backs an illegal immigrant killer/rapist

    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    Clone the only thig that really matters to me is that a rapist/murderer is getting the support of the president to avoid the death penalty. The reason Bush wants to take away the death penalty is because Texas may not have notified the mexican consulat(sp). This happened 13 years ago and now he wants to step in.
    That doesn't really explain why the Pres. is doing this. I don't know, but I really think there is a problem here in relying on Beck for accurate or complete information on the issue.

    Quote Originally Posted by ugly
    Also who cares if those border agenst have been tried and convicted, Bush has the power to pardon them like he did Scooter. The fact that he has not done so pisses me off.
    And his reason for pardoning them should be?
    Of course, I can't help but mentioning that the anti-immigrant (anti-Mexican) crowd is forever telling us (disingenuously) that breaking the law is the only thing we need to know when it comes to undocumented immigration. But when it comes to border agents breaking the law, they seem to be applying a different standard? Hmm, I wonder why?

    Quote Originally Posted by ugly
    To my point this rapist as also been tried and convicted and admitted guilt.
    There are a great number of people in this country who are opposed to the death penalty. I guess you are not one of them.

    Quote Originally Posted by ugly
    I am also saying that if this is the way we are going to deal with illegal immigrants that break other laws aside just being here illegaly then what power do we have to secure our border.
    The enforcement of immigration laws, and immigration policy has little to do with how we treat a criminal on death row.

    Quote Originally Posted by ugly
    We give them more protection under our law than we do American citizens.
    Total rubbish. You are smarter than that.
    Last edited by matclone; 10-15-2007 at 01:46 PM.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,935

    Default Re: Bush backs an illegal immigrant killer/rapist

    Clone the link I provided is not to Glen Beck but another site. If you read it I wouldnt hve to explain the situation to you. Just so we are clear, Texas is a death penalty state and to my knowledge is not against the death penalty and nobody was lobbying on this guys behalf. I am for the death penalty especially in cases of Rape.

  6. #6
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    It's a long way from East Colorado
    Posts
    3,740

    Default Re: Bush backs an illegal immigrant killer/rapist

    The link doesn't work for me so I'm sorry I can't get to the story you saw. I did scope the ALIPAC site and I see they're just another anti-immigrant group (no, don't tell me they're for legal immigration (what they claim); they really don't like foreigners). So, on their face, they are an unreliable source as far as I'm concerned. If I wanted to buy into their rhetoric, I could just as easily find it at Tancredo's website.

    I know Texas is a death penalty state (by far the largest), and I vaguely remember an issue about extradition of an immigrant, but it's still not clear to me how Bush is involved.
    Last edited by matclone; 10-15-2007 at 04:06 PM.

  7. #7
    Olympic Champ
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    It's a long way from East Colorado
    Posts
    3,740

    Default Re: Bush backs an illegal immigrant killer/rapist

    Here's the story, Ugly. As I suspected, the anti-Mexican crowd twisted the story in order to make you mad.

    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...&feed=rss.news

    http://www.supremecourtus.gov/qp/04-05928qp.pdf

    A couple of points:

    As issue is whether the Mexican national on death row will get a new hearing because he (arguably) wasn't given a fair trial because the Mexican counselate wasn't notified when he was arrested. The Bush Administration is supporting his claim for the hearing because we signed a treaty (The Vienna treaty of 1963) agreeing to comply with a world court's decision on the matter. As you know, treaties are the law of the land in this country. Texas wants to proceed with the execution without a further hearing.

    This doesn't mean Pres. Bush supports letting the guy go or eliminating the death penalty. He's just following what we agreed to do by treaty.

    The issue is currently before the U.S. Supreme Court. They will decide if he gets a further hearing. If the court rules in his favor, then he will get a hearing to determine whether the failure to notify the Mexican counselate of his arrest deprived him of a fair trial. They could decide that he got a fair trial despite the fact that the counselate wasn't notified and proceed with the execution.

    Punishment by death is the ultimate punishment. Therefore, there are many protections built within our law to prevent mistakes. That's why it may appear that we bend over backwards sometimes for death row inmates.
    Last edited by matclone; 10-15-2007 at 04:59 PM.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator UGLY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Littleton, CO
    Posts
    4,935

    Default Re: Bush backs an illegal immigrant killer/rapist

    Clone that was all presented in the story by Glen Beck and the article that I gave the link to , sorry the link did not work but I did mention the situation in one of my posts. The fact that he is taking his word means that he is backing him plain and simple in my mind.

    It strikes me as odd that this felon just remembered after 13 years that he didnt get his call to the Mexican conselate. I am of the mind that you give up your rights when you rape and kill someone. It is also funny how he flees Mexico illegaly but when he gets in trouble all of the sudden he wants his rights as a mexican citizen to apply to his case.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Bush backs an illegal immigrant killer/rapist

    "It strikes me as odd that this felon just remembered after 13 years that he didnt get his call to the Mexican conselate"

    Why would you think this has anything to do with the felon's memory? The more probable scenario is that an attorney caught it when reviewing the trial record.

    "The fact that he is taking his word means that he is backing him plain and simple in my mind."

    Only someone blinded with indignation would accept this as an accurate interpretation of events.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •