Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too bad McCain wasn't there

Olympic Champ

Default Too bad McCain wasn't there

BAGHDAD, April 12 ? An explosion struck the cafeteria inside the Iraqi parliament in the heart of Baghdad today, killing at least one lawmaker and wounding at least 17 others, Iraqi lawmakers said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/12/wo...d-iraq.html?hp

Why do you say that Big.

That's pretty cold, Big. Do you really wish McCain harm or are you just trying to goad us into a conversation?
    "All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind." -- Abraham Lincoln

He may be goading himself onto an FBI watch list if he isnt carefull about what he says.

Maybe he's making a reference to McCain walking through a market (with lots of body guards and such) to show how safe everything really was over there...
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.

Olympic Champ

FloggingSully got it. I don't know how anyone can stand that McCain guy. He is still riding a 30 year old Vietnam wave when he was shut down and spent time in Vietnam jails.

Olympic Champ

McCain says he sees Iraq progress, pronounces Baghdad safer

BAGHDAD, Iraq -- Sen. John McCain used a short visit to Baghdad Sunday to highlight progress made under the city's recent security crackdown and criticize the news media for focusing on the bad news out of Iraq.

McCain, the Republican presidential contender whose strong backing of the U.S. troop surge has cost him support in the polls, spent over an hour in a central Baghdad marketplace with three other members of a congressional delegation and pronounced the city safer than he'd seen it in past visits.

"Things are better. There are encouraging signs," McCain said during a terse exchange with reporters afterward inside a U.S. military compound in the heavily guarded Green Zone.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...bmccain01.html

Big did you see the Daily Show commentary on this?

Big,

McCain said he saw progress and that it was safer than in the past. I would say that is still an accurate statement.