Thread: CoorsMolson to join forces with Miller

Olympic Champ

Default CoorsMolson to join forces with Miller

Two years or so ago Colorado's Coors merged with Canadian brewer Molson. Now CoorsMolson has agreed to join SABMiller (HQ in London) to compete with Anheuser Busch's 50% share of the market.

As in so many industries (media, to name just one example), a few corporations take over. So much for the laissez-faire theory that anyone can compete. So much for the theory that the market responds to consumer demand rather than (implied) pursuing their own interests.

http://www.denverpost.com/business/ci_7131459

Default Re: CoorsMolson to join forces with Miller

Ever since Coors merged wioth Molson, the Molson brand has virtually vaporized here in the US. I imagine the same will happen to Miller now. Watch Bud will now go out an snatch up Sam Adams.

Quote Originally Posted by matclone View Post
    Two years or so ago Colorado's Coors merged with Canadian brewer Molson. Now CoorsMolson has agreed to join SABMiller (HQ in London) to compete with Anheuser Busch's 50% share of the market.

As in so many industries (media, to name just one example), a few corporations take over. So much for the laissez-faire theory that anyone can compete. So much for the theory that the market responds to consumer demand rather than (implied) pursuing their own interests.

I think you've chosen the wrong industry to prove your point. I can't remember the last time I've bought beer made by any of the biggies. Budweiser, Miller, and Coors are all swill and are indistinguishable from one another. Microbrews, or at least smaller runs, are widely available here in California.

Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    Ever since Coors merged with Molson, the Molson brand has virtually vaporized here in the US. I imagine the same will happen to Miller now. Watch Bud will now go out an snatch up Sam Adams.
    I thought Bud and Miller were the two biggest breweries, wouldn't it make more sense for Coors to disappear? Either way, as Flop said, all that beer is garbage and I don't see why you wouldn't pay 30 or 50 cents more per bottle to get a good micro-brew.

Quote Originally Posted by matclone View Post

crickets...