Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Isn't it amazing how tiny East Germany used to whip American butt at Olympics?

Olympic Champ

Default Re: Isn't it amazing how tiny East Germany used to whip American butt at Olympics?

You have to realize many of those girls came from broken homes or from Siberia without much future. If they had a physical gift, it was their only chance and a way out.

My own high school coach here in America came from Siberia to Belarus when he was 16. He became a Belorussian national champ, visited half of the world through wrestling when nobody was allowed to leave Soviet Union and now he coaches in NY at one of the best Private schools in the country. He would not be able to do any of this without such boarding schools. Probably would still be living in Siberia and drinking vodka.

Default Re: Isn't it amazing how tiny East Germany used to whip American butt at Olympics?

"They passed tests and medaled. Whatever they took or didn’t take, you have to give them credit. They still trained hard."

-Marion Jones passed tests and medaled, and she trained hard, do you give her credit?
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.

Olympic Champ

Save your drivel. I don't believe for a second that East Germany was somehow ahead of America in drug taking. The fact is East Germany won fair and square. I am way past American moral superiority at this point.

Olympic Champ

Drug accusations
    In 2003, Dr. Wade Exum, the United States Olympic Committee's director of drug control administration from 1991 to 2000, gave copies of documents to Sports Illustrated which revealed that some 100 American athletes who failed drug tests and should have been prevented from competing in the Olympics were nevertheless cleared to compete. Among those athletes was Carl Lewis.

It was revealed that Lewis tested positive three times before the 1988 Olympics for pseudoephedrine, ephedrine, and phenylpropanolamine, banned stimulants also found in cold medication, and had been banned from the Seoul Olympics and from competition for six months. The USOC accepted his claim of inadvertent use and overturned the decision. Fellow Santa Monica Track Club teammates Joe DeLoach and Floyd Heard were also found to have the same banned stimulants in their systems, and were cleared to compete for the same reason.[69][70]

The positive results occurred at the Olympic Trials in July 1988 where athletes were required to declare on the drug-testing forms "over-the-counter medication, prescription drugs and any other substances you have taken by mouth, injection or by suppository."

"Carl did nothing wrong. There was never intent. He was never told, you violated the rules," said Martin D. Singer, Lewis' lawyer, who also said that Lewis had inadvertently taken the banned stimulants in an over-the-counter herbal remedy.[71] "The only thing I can say is I think it's unfortunate what Wade Exum is trying to do," said Lewis. "I don't know what people are trying to make out of nothing because everyone was treated the same, so what are we talking about? I don't get it."[72]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Lewis

Sounds just like the East Germans who were completely roided up that Sully gave your reference for on the first page. The see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil approach doesn't really lend very well to being taken seriously.

Olympic Champ

I see you are just being ridiculous now Big. I guess I'll bail then.... it's sort of why I have mostly given up ever trying to converse with you. I guess I just forget occasionally and need a reminder.
    I am 49, bald, ugly, and don't own a single cool thing. Kids like me though.

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by sgallan View Post
    I see you are just being ridiculous now Big. I guess I'll bail then.... it's sort of why I have mostly given up ever trying to converse with you. I guess I just forget occasionally and need a reminder.

I love it when the truth comes out and people are being honest. I respect an honest foe much more than a false friend.

Olympic Champ

It is also interesting that West Germany finished top 5 at Olympics every year as well. How did "morally superior" part of Germany accomplish this task? Obviously through Christian moral values and hard work.

Who said West Germany was "morally superior"?
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.