Thread: Hardly ever do I find Apple Juice "Not from Concentrate"

Olympic Champ

Default Hardly ever do I find Apple Juice "Not from Concentrate"

CNN says most of America's apple juice comes from China. Is that why it is all from concentrate?

Olympic Champ

Default Re: Hardly ever do I find Apple Juice "Not from Concentrate"

Concentrate obviously makes it easier to transport and process into products--whether it comes from China or elsewhere. In other words, concentrate means a greater concentration of wealth in the hands of the middle man, and less freshness for you.

Olympic Champ

If you want real apple juice, Big, I don't know, but I'm guessing you might find it by taking a road trip to upstate New York.

p.s. I was right.

http://www.nyapplecountry.com/consumerguide.htm

Olympic Champ

They seem to sell apples rather than juice. I might have to get a juice maker.

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    All the apple farms will have apple cider (sorry, I don't know the diff b/t cider and juice). And it'll taste better than any juice concentrate anyday. Alternately, you can find unprocessed apple cider or juice at your local natural foods store, but it will be more expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Your juicer won't be making apple juice, it will make cider. Apple juice has an extra step in the process to give the juice clarity.

Big, just buy the cider, better tasting anyway.

If you bought a juicer, you'd put the apple in and we'd have to hear about the glass being half empty.
    "All my life I have tried to pluck a thistle and plant a flower wherever the flower would grow in thought and mind." -- Abraham Lincoln