Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I thought private companies are top notch at managing health care

Olympic Champ

Default I thought private companies are top notch at managing health care

WASHINGTON, Oct. 6 ? Tens of thousands of Medicare recipients have been victims of deceptive sales tactics and had claims improperly denied by private insurers that run the system?s huge new drug benefit program and offer other private insurance options encouraged by the Bush administration, a review of scores of federal audits has found.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/07/us...hp&oref=slogin

Default Re: I thought private companies are top notch at managing health care

This is no mystery. However, some companies are starting to improve.

For years, Wal-Mart had to have one of the worse health care plans imagineable. Expensive and covered literally nothing.

Recently though, they have actually started to invest a little into their employees and have slowly stopped treating them like the lowest scum of the Earth and have made their healthcare somewhat reasonable. The plans are better and not nearly expensive.

Problem is though, I do think they really didn't do it because they give a crap about their employees, but more so because all their employees constantly complained about it.
    Oregon Wrestling Forum www.theowf.net/the_owf

Don't you know who I am? I'm the JUGGERNAUT BIATCH!!

and because the company was getting a TON of negative publicity for it...why can't companies just provide good health care for their employees because its the right thing to do? (see Starbucks)
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

The article is about Medicare recipients, not the working class.

Whatever inefficients we are seeing with private companies would be magnified many times more if it were the government running the show. IMO.

Have you been to a DMV office lately?

I don't think the government would be any better. Isn't Walter Reed Med Center run by the government?

Olympic Champ

I enjoyed socialized health care in Soviet Union. I had appendicitis done over there. They kept me there for 5 days, monitored me and helped me heal. They kick people out the same day in America after the same operation.

They did it 3 hours after I arrived too. No waiting. They checked me out and said I needed it done and they did it that same evening.

Did they use anesthetic for the operation or did they just pack you in ice?

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Ground&Pound View Post
    They knocked me out quick with some mask and fruity flavored airflow. Woke up screaming of pain in the middle of the night in a huge room with twenty other kids. It got better in a few hours though.

That's the funniest thing I've read today.

G&P is getting frisky now that his fantasy team and the Steelers are kicking butt...