Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallstreet revolution

Default Re: Wallstreet revolution

Quote Originally Posted by FloggingSully View Post
    They're in Washington.

This seems to me like the lefts version of the tea party. Lots of angry people, no real direction, vague demands, getting in Sully's way on the subway and on the National Mall...
    Whether you like the Tea Party or not, I don't think their demands are vague. For the most part they have a pretty solid platform.

On the other hand, both groups are overwhelmingly white, so they do have that in common. I suspect the Tea Party has a much higher employment rate and collective IQ, but that's just my guess. The occupiers seem to be late teens or early 20's and they are coming to the realization that not everything in life is going to be handed to them. It's gotta be Wall Street's fault, it's obvious.

Good call Flop. Also notice that after over 300 tea party functions there was not one arrest. There were 700 arrested at a single "occupy wall street" rally. But the Tea Party are the crazy ones, right?

q ,
    In the video you linked THAT girl was either on Speed or super nervous . Either way she did not shine very brightly .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

It was the second video I posted that got me. That was back in March and he said exactly what they wanted to do and now they are doing it, yet somehow people think this is just a grassroots thing. I have no idea when or why unions started trying to change the entire world, but it is crazy. I think the brainwashing that has taken place since the Federal Government got involved in our schools probably has a lot to do with it. I don't know, but I just can not believe that they do it right in front of our faces, post it on youtube and people still think its a conspiracy theory.

From what I have seen it seems that these are young people who are taking up their generations cause. Unfortunately for them it is a movement of multiple ideologies and very few ideas or solutions, other than burn down wall street and destroy the oil companies. Once the unions got involved it cheapened it even more. If the groups could develop a base of solutions like the tea party did then I think they would have more of an effect. Plus they are hypocrites, they hate corporations except for certain ones, they want to eliminate lobbyists except for the union lobbyists. So eliminate anything that does not benefit their cause even if it against their ideology.

Ugly, go back to the first page where I posted the videos. Steve Lerner, the head of SEIU, explains at a conference what they want to make happen and now it's here. This is not young people taking up a cause in any way. This is young, brainwashed people doing exactly what the SEIU and other groups want them to do. Seriously, watch the second video I posted. It's around 7min long, but explains everything they wanted to do and now it's here. These are the same people who helped fund the "Arab spring".

Did I mention that I recently got a job where joining the the union was required, and the union I had to join is coalitioned with the SEIU. I was speaking about what I have heard from intervies with protestors and it seem like the protesters have no idea what they want, I will watch the video thanks Quinn.

I watched the video and that guys is bat shit crazy and he makes no sense. So say they bring down the stock market effectively destroying our ability to participate in international and even interstate commerce. What exactly will he tell his unions members when Hilton closes half of its hotels and lay off all of those people. What would he do when unemployment hit 25%. Some people dont think beyond to the underlying consequences of their actions.

You're exactly right Ugly. But the shame of it all is that they have convinced these "useful idiots" to believe that if you just say "everyone should have a liveable wage, everyone should have their own house, everyone should share what they have..." that it will just magically happen. Why would anyone bother to get up and go to work every morning if they were guaranteed a liveable wage and a free house for doing nothing? The money has to come from somewhere but no one thinks about that. The 60's generation figured out that protests don't really do everything they wanted to do, so they decided to get an education and infiltrate our public schools and indoctrinate our children. And it has worked because the people rioting are of the age of people being taught by these Marxists. If you ever have time, check out these gems by Piven and Cloward. They say in plain text what their intentions are and notice that they were written as far back as the early 70's. They just needed to wait a generation for it all to come together.

Regulating the Poor: The Functions of Public Welfare (1971); The Politics of Turmoil: Essays on Poverty, Race and the Urban Crisis (1974); Poor People's Movements (1977); The New Class War (1982); The Mean Season (1987); Why Americans Don't Vote (1988); and The Breaking of the American Social Compact (1997)