Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let me warn you people for a second

Olympic Champ

Default Re: Let me warn you people for a second

Olympic Champ

Health and Wealth Gospel is the name given to the teachings of a branch of Christianity which emphasises material prosperity.

The essence of Health and Wealth teaching is that God desires for all his followers to be materially prosperous and to live a healthy, fulfilled life. They claim that the true Christian has only to ask for these things and they will be granted to them. By contrast if a Christian is not enjoying these benefits then it is because they either have not asked for them (thus denying themselves for no reason) or because they have some sin in their lives which is preventing God from blessing them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_and_Wealth_Gospel

Olympic Champ

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...9;74;50;16;76;

13. Deut 26:9 God has brought me into this place, he has given me this land that flows abundantly with milk and honey.

27. 2 Chron 1:12 Wisdom and knowledge is granted to me and God gives me riches, wealth and honor in abundance.

28. 2 Chron 20:20 I believe God's prophets and I prosper.

31. Job 36:11 I obey and serve God and I spend my days in prosperity and my years in pleasure.

37. Psa 34:10 Because I seek the Lord I do not lack any good thing.

64. Prov 11:16 A gracious woman retains her honor and strong men retain riches.

75. Isa 48:17 The Lord teaches me to profit and leads me in the way I should go.

http://freebibleemail.com/the_word/p...ty_confessions

From my own personal observation only...

I know a few "Charismatic Christians" that seem to think and act exactly the way Big describes.

They follow the "WORD OF GOD" to the letter.
    Common sense is pushed aside.

I don't see it as much in the more traditional Christian churches (Catholic, Methodist, Presby.)

Again, just from what I see first hand.

------

It also seems like the Charismatic groups are gaining momentum and growing at a much faster rate than the others.

Olympic Champ

Here you go, Big. Evangelical leader accused of lavish spending.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5j...PuBFQD8S38PR80

Richard Roberts is accused of illegal involvement in a local political campaign and lavish spending at donors' expense, including numerous home remodeling projects, use of the university jet for his daughter's senior trip to the Bahamas, and a red Mercedes convertible and a Lexus SUV for his wife, Lindsay.

She is accused of dropping tens of thousands of dollars on clothes, awarding nonacademic scholarships to friends of her children and sending scores of text messages on university-issued cell phones to people described in the lawsuit as "underage males."

It is true that some Christians take a Calvinist view on the Bible but the simple truth is that God does not want us abuse want we are given. Big you read those verses and assume it means material wealth or possessions. It is not the case as Christians we are blessed with wealth in all areas of life and the majority of our blessing does not include money.

To look at your first verse you should read the Bible first before throwing verses out there and understand the situation the Israelites were in. They had wondered in the desert for forty years and then God gave them that land the Promised land. This is a praise to the lord not a statement saying they are allowed to abuse the land because God gave it to them.

thank you

sometimes I have to wonder what the HELL Big is thinking...

he is like this ravenous negative hound looking for ways to make people of all ethnicities and religions miserable...

i find it difficult to take anyone too seriously that doesn't have a measured approach to his life and his opinions...good and evil, peace and war, light and dark...big is evil, war, dark...he is chicken little's "the sky is falling" incarnate

of course we have to look after our resources, love thy neighbor etc...remember that gluttony is a sin so in essence over "eating" is a sin Big...your need to consume more than you need is a good example of the warning that you set out for others

a good thing for you to do in this situation is do your part, cut down on your food consumption...this in turn will decrease the demand for food which will in turn lower the price for food...at lower prices more people will be afford to buy food rather than steal it and less people will go hungry...so Big, by watching what you eat, you will cut down on crime and help to make sure that many children do not go hungry at night.

what say you Big, will you do your part?
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

Olympic Champ

gofer,

Sometimes the sky really is falling. You would probably be one of the people in mid 1930s who were saying nothing bad is about to happen and everyone should cheer up.

I prefer to be a suspicious pre-emptive thinker than a cheerful ex post facto apologist.

And no I am not going to give up my food ration, one of the most enoyable activities in my life.