Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: theories NOW fact

Default Re: theories NOW fact

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    this picture is from Danville's water sucks on facebook-I have been to 3 town meetings and no -one has done anything about this yet-their excuse is they were ripped off 2-3 years ago when they switched water suppliers ?? so the citizens have to buy bottled water.
    That is incredible, and disgusting as well. The politicians there should be ashamed and should also be voted out of office. Providing clean and healthy water should be pretty high on the list of basic services to the public.

I don't know a thing about flouride, but I imagine a dentist- like Spider- would be pretty well informed on the subject.

Speaking of conspiracy theories, I wonder if bottled water companies have a hand in some of the anti-flouride theories?

This entire debate is why I drink nothing but beer. Even the Illuminati wouldn't dare taint the elixir of life!

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    This entire debate is why I drink nothing but beer.
    Good idea, just act every day as if you are living in Mexico. Something to consider.

A small town near seattle is trying a new form of water treatment USING NO chemicals ; instead the water is being treated with Ultra violet light . The town expects to save so much money that rates will be lowered to consumers-reportedly the UV light prevents the cells from multiplying thus killing all bacteria.
    I'll check back on the town in a few months and see if an outcrop of mutants are being formed or if this works.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    A small town near seattle is trying a new form of water treatment USING NO chemicals ; instead the water is being treated with Ultra violet light . The town expects to save so much money that rates will be lowered to consumers-reportedly the UV light prevents the cells from multiplying thus killing all bacteria.
    I'll check back on the town in a few months and see if an outcrop of mutants are being formed or if this works.
    Sterilization via UV is nothing new. It is used in industrial processes all the time (we use it at my work).
    However, it does nothing to purify the water to remove sediment, dead bacteria, etc. The glass of water shown in the above post would look exactly the same after UV treatment.

I don't know much about industrial waste water treatment, but i would have thought that it is not a chemcially intense process. I would have thought it relies mostly on Filtration.

I use UV all the time when I'm backpacking or climbing. However like ODH said it won't affect the flavor or take out any particles. In general if I'm going hiking somewhere that I can get good clean water (glacier run off, high mountain lakes, quick running streams, or if I have to melt snow) I'll use my UV stick. However if I am going to be getting my water from more "interesting" sources then I'll take my MSR (filter). I can't imagine that they'll JUST use UV. I'm sure that they'll use some sort of a small (less than a micron) filter or something else to take out the particles that are floating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.