Thread: Ratigan Rant

Default Ratigan Rant

MSNBC's Dylan Ratigan is mad as hell about the U.S. financial crisis--and he's not gonna take it anymore! While convening a roundtable discussion on the market meltdown on his eponymous MSNBC show on Tuesday, Ratigan exploded. "We've got a real problem!" an exasperated Ratigan shouted. "This is a mathematical fact! Tens of trillions of dollars [...] Full Story ?
    <LI class=article1>Dylan Ratigan's Howard Beale Moment

The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News - 7 hours ago MSNBC's Dylan Ratigan unleashed a rant about the U.S. debt on his Tuesday show that raised eyebrows in the blogosphere and seemed to terrify the guests of his eponymous show. Economics blogger Yves Smith called it "remarkable," Business Insider's Joe Weisenthal deemed it "epic" and Mediaite's Colby Hall swooned, saying it was "about as entertainingly unhinged as you will ever want to see." The Ratigan rant ... Full Story ?
    <LI class=article2>Dylan Ratigan Rant: Debt Negotiations 'Reckless, ...

The Huffington Post - Aug 09 06:51pm WASHINGTON -- Speaking with a show panel on the country's debt and credit rating on Tuesday, MSNBC's Dylan Ratigan decried economic plans put forth by Democrats and Republicans alike, calling them "reckless, irresponsible and stupid." Full Story ?
    Related Stories:
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Default Re: Ratigan Rant

"Tens of trillions of dollars are being extracted from the United States of America. Democrats aren?t doing it, Republicans are not doing it, an entire integrated system, financial system, trading system, taxing system, that was created by both parties over a period of two decades is at work on our entire country right now,"

Just sounds like some crazy conspiracy theorist to me.

"Money in politics is pure, unadulterated corruption," Williams continued. "Get rid of campaign contributions and the political parties will cease to exist because policy will prevail or politics. We have amended the US Constitution twice with regard to liquor but not once with regard to the buying and selling of our politicians. What's wrong with this picture?"

Sounds good to me, but sadly it is just a pipe dream because the ones getting the campaign contributions are the ones who would have to vote to stop them. Just like term limits.

Default Re: Ratigan Rant

Even pipe dreams need love & elbow grease. If you do not disseminate information & effectively organize nothing will get done.