Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The FOOD POLICE are in LOS ANGELES

Default Re: The FOOD POLICE are in LOS ANGELES

Q14,
    WELCOME to INDIANA !!
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    Q14,
    WELCOME to INDIANA !!
    LOL! Actually they just lost a lot of business b/c we have 10-15 people who go kayaking there every single weekend, sometimes three days in a row. We always stop off to eat at Brookville restaurants, buy gas, use their campsites......Heck the people at the livery know us all by name and even let us skip the line to sign up and just let us pay and go. Brookville is a pretty small town and can use the money. Oh, well. I have an appointment with an attorney on Aug. 23rd, we will see what happens.

Well, my appointment got changed to today b/c my lawyer turns out to be an Indiana State Rep. His name is Judd McMillan.

Anyway, I walk into his office and he shuts the door and tells me he wants this to be a man to man laid back deal, not a lawyer/client thing. I would describe him as a young good looking man, confident but not overbearing, well educated but not pretentious. I have a pretty good radar on people and my initial thoughts were pretty good on this guy.

So, I start to tell the story (just like I posted) and when I get to the part about the people in civilian clothes telling us to pull over, he dropped his pen, shook his head and said "Please tell me this isn't about public intoxication." When I said it was that and disorderly conduct, he told me to continue (hands on sides of his head).

After I was done, he told me that he has handled several of these cases and most people just take a plea. He said a couple of yrs ago 3 people right in a row decided f--k it (his words, not mine) they wanted to go to trial. He said he won every case and thought this stuff was over with. He said mine is the first case in 2yrs, but it was the exact same story as the others. He told me I had a winner and all I had to do is sit back and check the mail. I don't have to go to court any time soon and if he sends me a plea deal in the mail it doesn't mean I have to take it. I told him I didn't want any plea b/c I didn't think I did anything wrong. He smiled and jotted something down on his pad of paper. Now he did say he can't guarantee a win, but he was damn sure of it.

He then went on about how this type of thing was killing the Brookville community and he doesn't want it to start up again. Another thing that suprised me was that when I described the person yelling in my face, he said my description sounds like a guy named Brad on the County Sheriffs dept. Told me this isn't the first complaint against him. But he isn't positive if that is who it was b/c I never recieved a ticket or was told who pulled me over to begin with. But he was pretty sure he knew who it was. So, I may be in the clear...........

Q,
    If you don't mind my asking -how much has this weekend cost you so far ? Has this changed the way you view what rights you have ? Or thought you had ?
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Well, the transport cost was $10.75 per person. Which made it $21.50 for my wife and me. The lawyer just cost me $1500. But he said it is a one time fee and wouldn't charge anything else no matter how long it took. He really did seem like a genuine guy and I think I don't have anything to worry about.

Now, as far as my rights go. I now think that you have to pay for them. I have often said that money pays for innocence, but I really didn't understand what I was saying. I was basically repeating what I heard after the OJ case. But I am now aware that cops can basically do what they want and even if you are found not guilty, you still have to pay for it. The cops who are in the wrong don't have to reimburse you for the money you spent proving them to be in the wrong. They bank on the fact that most people won't pay for it. I guess they think us "lowly kayakers" don't have any money and they can do what they want. Well, I was yaking with nurses, buisness owners, school teachers, engineers and carpenters. Every one of them have texted me in the past few hours offering to help pay for it. Not b/c I need the money, but for principle alone.

I hate to say it and I hope I don't offend PM, but I now look at police in a different way. With cities needing to create revenue, I don't doubt that this is a tactic. I used to be blissfully ignorant but my eyes have been opened really wide lately.

Q,
    I am sorry this happened to ;you then again quite often people need to be shaken to awaken. Indiana has been heading towards disaster by using this policy of locking people up and fining them,once upon a time you could come here and see the Indy 500 and have a good time-now more people are arrested race weekend than any other time of the year..Marion County jail is so far above it's limits that judges have been ordering prisoners released early=and the ones being released NEED to be in jail.
    The LAST time I was locked up (on a B misdemeanor) my bond was $50,000.I was released 24 hours later.ORO.
    I know the need for a police force is obvious-I just hope people wake up to the fact NOT every one is a criminal. I never looked at the word processed so closely before now.You are out $1,500 for WHAT ?
    Several members of my old wrestling team are on the force here and I mentioned to them the Gestapo tactics need to stop and they always laugh and say that is how they were trained too , they simply never took it quite so seriously.
    I'd like to see fewer well trained police officers than a ton of young clueless guys yet everytime the local deputy's office gets a new contract more guys are forced into early retirement and are replaced by kids.
    for myself I am DONE .I no longer work as an advocate .

Check out this video. It's only 4mins long, but pretty much says what I thought about them just wanting to raise revenue.

Viral Player

Q,
    I agree with everything you say-MOST of the guys I worked with are poor ,mentally handicapped and of color, I always thought they were just paranoid when they'd speak of Indianapolis doing away with the bussing systems and forcing them to have car insurance as a plan to immobilize them-now it sounds feasable.
    Indianapolis has cut buses by 80%-insurance rates are so expensive no one can afford them and these guys have NO way to get to work; plus ,after being processed about 4-5 times and having to get their cars out of impound they just say fk it and drive anyway-then go to prison after third third time caught driving w/out insurance .
    A couple of years ago I was driving to pick up my girlfriend for lunch. Coming from the west side I had to drive through Haughville(a not so good part of town)I was pulled over for NO reason other than I was a white guy driving through haughville-the police impounded my car-handcuffed me and sat me on a curb for a few hours-then left me at a KFC to call for a ride ? They said I had an outstanding parking ticket-I showed them the receipt where I had paid the ticket but they said their computer said I owed it and that was that !! I was surrounded by people (some of them knew me as alot of my wrestlers live in Haughvile) and they started shouting at the police-the police started threatening me with JAIL if I didn't tell my friends to calm down-I told them they'd be hearing from me in court and then they started cursing at me and then drove off-
    I got my car out of impound and was reimbursed for that-the ticket had been paid yet i still had to go to court 2x-i moved to Danville 2 weeks later. I am lucky that I knew the law and had the means to leave town-most guys don't.
    This type of behavior has been going on in poor communities for decades .Now that it is spilling out to the suburbs maybe it will change ? i doubt it.but I hope.
    I really thought after the Fred Sanders case that this would change-it has gotten worse .the last I heard oof Sanders is he is living in the southwest under an assumed name. Sanders was a catholic grade school teacher who shot a cop for kicking his door in during an argument-he went to prison but the supreme court over ruled his decision and he was awarded a huge settlement-the judge threw out his jury awarded settlement and advised him to leave town. Sanders survived one of the worst beatings I have every seen , was sent to a big boy's prison and lost his right to make a living and was deformed !
    Sorry about getting off subject-just everytime I remeber Fred's case I get a little worked up.

Check this out. Let the video load and watch that before you read the story. These guys look like some real trouble makers! I love the charge against them, too. I hope they fight it.

2 Arrested For 'Lack Of Common Sense' After Rafting Down Main Street In Manayunk ? CBS Philly