Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The truth is Iraq War is a perfect way to rip tax payers of their hard earned money

Default Re: The truth is Iraq War is a perfect way to rip tax payers of their hard earned mon

but you dont talk uorself why its pay a very much of money in iraq and afghanistan

Default Re: The truth is Iraq War is a perfect way to rip tax payers of their hard earned mon

Come on Ricky...admit you were wrong.

It wasn't just the evil GW that got us into this mess.

Even Hilary voted for the toppling of Saddam.

As I posted before - hindsight is always 20/20.

Olympic Champ

Keep deluding yourself that the war was justified because some or even most of Congress voted to authorize funds. It wasn't. Keep deluding yourself if you think "everyone" was on board. They weren't.

Flop, as Rick mentioned, the power to declare war is reserved to Congress. But you're sayiing the resolution passed by Congress was tantamount to a declaration of war? I think many would disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by matclone View Post
    Keep deluding yourself that the war was justified because some or even most of Congress voted to authorize funds. It wasn't. Keep deluding yourself if you think "everyone" was on board. They weren't.
    Saying that it wasn't all Bush's fault and
    saying this is a justifiable war are two very different things.

Also, why is "everybody" in quotes?
    I never said it was "everybody".

As usual Clone...you are not debating fairly and twisting my words.

You would make a fine talk radio host.

or senator for that matter
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

haven't you all noticed a pattern that Big says something completely ludicrous and then sits back and watches you guys tear your own country apart...it would be comical if it wasn't annoying...
    "Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak."

I]Keep deluding yourself that the war was justified because some or even most of Congress voted to authorize funds. It wasn't. Keep deluding yourself if you think "everyone" was on board. They weren't.[/I]

I'm assuming you were addressing someone else with this portion of your comment, unless you say otherwise.

Flop, as Rick mentioned, the power to declare war is reserved to Congress. But you're sayiing the resolution passed by Congress was tantamount to a declaration of war? I think many would disagree.

Congress had the opportunity to vote up or down on a "military engagement", and the majority voted "yea". Do you think that people would have changed their votes to "nay" had they been voting on a declaration of war rather than a military engagement?

By the way, I only brought this up because Rick seemed to be making the point that this was Bush's war, and Congress never had the opportunity to vote on anything.

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Congress had the opportunity to vote up or down on a "military engagement", and the majority voted "yea". Do you think that people would have changed their votes to "nay" had they been voting on a declaration of war rather than a military engagement?
    Yes.

The Nuts

Clone:
    Yes.

Why? Would it purely be for political puposes, i.e, it is more palatable to say that they voted for a military engagement rather than a war? People are no more or less dead in a war than in a military engagement.