Thread: OBAMA running out of time in Libya

Default OBAMA running out of time in Libya

(A)ny president, if we are attacked, if our country is attacked, has even under the War Powers Act very strong powers to go after that country. But short of that, he must come to the Congress.?
    -- Then-House Speaker Nancy Pelosi in an Oct. 14, 2007 interview with ABC News.
    Relations between Congress and the White House are reaching new lows as the administration refuses to back down on President Obama?s three-month long military campaign against Libyan leader Col. Muammar al-Qaddafi.

Today is the last day for the Obama administration to make its case to Congress for authorization for the continued involvement of U.S. forces in the Libyan civil war. The growing consensus in Congress is that without approval the president will be in clear violation of the War Powers Resolution as of Sunday.
    Speaker John Boehner bought more time for the war effort with a resolution of general disapproval for the president?s unilateral approach to the multi-national war. By bringing forward the measure, Boehner helped sap Republican support for a bipartisan measure that would have immediately stripped U.S. funding for the NATO air campaign against the Libyan strongman.

The WAR Powers resolution gives the president 60 days to fight then 30 days to bring troops home-Obama says he will stay as long as it takes...

Read more: Obama Won
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Default Re: OBAMA running out of time in Libya

If you look back to 3/21-under Libya almost proves my theory-I stated there was NO WAY we'd be out of Libya in DAYS as the president had been quoted as saying. Now-after the Constituton says is too late for the U.S. to still be there-we still are THERE !
    Is Obama's re-election plan to set the constitution on fire ?
    Also on the same date( 3/21 ) a Pentagon Official stated ONLY CIA trainers would be there-this is shaping up to be another Viet Nam . The Gulf of Tonken incident was found to be a hoax and our CIA advisors in Nam left only when the last HUEY was headed home nearly a decade later.
    If our Govt. is going to simply lie to us at every turn surely they could get a different ploy-this one is OLD .
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

I think at this point even his biggest supporters have to question what he's doing. This is not the type of thing he promised during his campaign.

and let's not even count the violations of the Logan Act...

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    and let's not even count the violations of the Logan Act...
    Who are you suggesting violated that? I thought the president was allowed to represent the US and that the Logan Act was so citizens didn't make treaties or deals with foreign governments that may harm the US. I am not sure if I am right, though. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe KR is speaking of Obama's visit to Iraq in 2008 where he spoke with Iraqi officials about delaying troop withdraws-a direct violation of the Logan act as we had American troops in Iraq at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    I believe KR is speaking of Obama's visit to Iraq in 2008 where he spoke with Iraqi officials about delaying troop withdraws-a direct violation of the Logan act as we had American troops in Iraq at that time.
    Ohhhh....I guess I shouldn't be suprised that I didn't hear about that on the news. If you and/or kr have time, could you list some of the sites you go to, to get the scoop on such things? I know about theblaze and drudgereport and all the regular tv station sites, but where do you two go? A lot of times I can't find the stories both of you reference without an extensive search for a story you already printed. Thanks in advance, if you can help me.

In addition the Logan Act covers US representatives meeting in SECRET with members of Foreign government. 3 years ago Hiliary & Barrack met in Chantily, VA meeting in secret with the Bilderberg group, while the media were lied to & 2 weeks ago Robert Gates was in St Moritz again at the Bilderberg meeting.