Thread: HOW SICK is THIS ?? Child Molester caught buying a baby..

Default HOW SICK is THIS ?? Child Molester caught buying a baby..

INDIANAPOLIS (Reuters) ? Prosecutors on Wednesday charged two couples here with conspiring to sell a newborn baby for $300 in a deal that would have put the child in the care of a convicted child molester and convicted child abuser.
    The three-count indictment includes felony child-selling charges against all four defendants, as well as felony forgery and conspiracy to commit forgery charges.
    According to prosecutors, Michael Overby, a 57-year-old convicted child molester, arranged to buy the baby from Rose Faucett, the child's 36-year-old mother.
    As part of the alleged scheme, Overby and Faucett forged a state form -- a paternity affidavit -- that named Overby as the child's father and submitted it to the Indianapolis-area hospital where the child was born.
    Also charged in the case are Overby's girlfriend, a 50-year-old named Debbie Overby on probation for felony child neglect, and Phillip Hester, the child's 58-year-old biological father.
    Police said the Overbys and Faucett had signed two written agreements.
    In the first, Faucett promised she would visit the child once a week for no more than two hours and would not visit while she was intoxicated.
    The second, a temporary guardianship agreement, gave the Overbys legal custody of the child, born on April 2, until it turned 18. The authorities did not identify the child's sex.
    According to prosecutors, the Overbys verbally agreed to allow Faucett to live with them through mid-May and then would give her $300 to "find a place to live."
    As a result of the arrest, authorities removed two other children from the Overby household, a four-year-old and an 11-year-old, neither a biological child of the couple.
    According to an affidavit in the case, the Overbys were paying the parents of the four-year-old, who live in Alabama, $100-$200 a month to keep their child in Indiana.
    (Reporting by James Kelleher and Susan Guyett; Editing by Jerry Norton)

Follow Yahoo! News on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook
    <!-- end: .bd -->

<IFRAME height=22 src="http://l.yimg.com/b/social_buttons/facebook-share-iframe.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.yahoo.com%2Fs%2Fnm% 2F20110413%2Fus_nm%2Fus_child_sale_charges&t=Four+ charged+in+Indianapolis+baby-selling+case+-+Yahoo%21+News&l=Share&t__S=96281111&t_pkg=http%3A %2F%2Fnews.yahoo.com%2Fs%2Fnm%2F20110413%2Fus_nm%2 Fus_child_sale_charges&t_intl=us&t_lang=en-US&t_ct=a&t_sec=mit_share&t_act=facebook" frameBorder=0 width=100 allowTransparency scrolling=no _yuid="yui_3_1_1_7_1302750190015138"></IFRAME>
      • retweet
        <IFRAME height=22 src="http://pro.tweetmeme.com/button.js?url=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.yahoo.com%2Fs%2Fnm %2F20110413%2Fus_nm%2Fus_child_sale_charges&style= compact&service=bit.ly&t__S=96281111&t_pkg=http%3A %2F%2Fnews.yahoo.com%2Fs%2Fnm%2F20110413%2Fus_nm%2 Fus_child_sale_charges&t_intl=us&t_lang=en-US&t_ct=a&t_sec=mit_share&t_act=retweet" frameBorder=0 width=90 allowTransparency scrolling=no _yuid="yui_3_1_1_7_1302750190015143"></IFRAME>
      • Email
      • Print

<!-- end: .tools -->
    <SCRIPT type=text/javascript>(function() { /** * YUI function to get all elements by class name * getElementsByClass */ function getElementsByClass(className, tag, root) { tag = tag || '*'; root = (typeof root == 'string') ? document.getElementById(root) : root || document; var nodes = [], elements = root.getElementsByTagName(tag), re = new RegExp('(?:^|\\s+)' + className + '(?:\\s+|$)'); for (var i = 0, len = elements.length; i < len; ++i) { if ( re.test(elements[i].className) ) { nodes[nodes.length] = elements[i]; } } return nodes; } /** * This code displays the expand button as the page loads. This prevents any lag in displaying * the button if the page takes a long time to load. If the user clicks the button before the page * loads then we just show the full story without animation. Thus, preventing the full implementation * from loading. */ var story = document.getElementById('yn-story'); var related = document.getElementById('yn-story-related-media'); var expandCookie = '0'; if ( // make sure read-more-toggle flag exists (story && story.className.indexOf('read-more-toggle') != -1) && // if user preference is 0 then collapse story expandCookie == '0' && // make sure hash is not set window.location.hash!='#full' ) { var buttonHeight = 18; var defaultHeight = 406; var heightLimit = 200; var host = document.location.host; var path = document.location.pathname; var bd = getElementsByClass('bd','div',story)[0]; // Figure out min height for story container based on the heights of the related media and primary media containers if (related) { // do height calculations if related height is larger than default minHeight if (related.offsetHeight > defaultHeight) { // if primary exists then use that height, otherwise use related var obj = getElementsByClass('primary-media','div',related)[0]; if (!obj) obj = related; // set height from primary or related container minHeight = parseInt(obj.offsetHeight, 10); // if the minheight is smaller than default, then set it to default if ( (minHeight < defaultHeight) && !document.getElementById('yn-story-main-media') && !document.getElementById('yn-story-minor-media') ) { minHeight = defaultHeight; } } else { minHeight = defaultHeight; } } else { minHeight = defaultHeight; } // add height of buttons to min height minHeight += buttonHeight; // make sure there is enough story to hide if ((bd.offsetHeight - minHeight) > heightLimit) { // set overflow and height bd.style.height = minHeight + "px"; bd.className += " overflow"; story.className += " read-closed"; // add read more expand button var div = document.createElement('div'); div.className = 'read-more read-more-expand'; div.innerHTML = 'Read Full Article'; // we have to handle the case where a user might click the button before our YUI script loads // if so, remove the height and overflow setting then hide the button, also add #full hash to url so // if script eventually is loaded it doesnt recreate the buttons and collapse the story div.onclick = function(ev) { var e = ev || window.event; // show full story bd.style.height = 'auto'; bd.className = bd.className.replace('overflow','expanded'); story.className = story.className.replace('read-closed',''); // hide the toggle button div.className += ' hide'; // disable link follow if (e.preventDefault) { e.preventDefault(); } else { e.returnValue = false; } } // add div to document bd.appendChild(div); } }})();</SCRIPT>
    <!-- end .ft --><!-- end: #story -->

Editor's Picks

You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Default Re: HOW SICK is THIS ?? Child Molester caught buying a baby..

Please put these people in gen pop for the rest of their lives.

These CREATURES demand PC from DAY one-so not only are they the lowest form of scum-they also cost 3x the base population does !!
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

It is crimes and people like that, that make me not believe in rehabilitation. I know some prisoners better their lives when they are in and actually become good citizens out of prison. I doubt people like this ever could, though. The sad thing is that research is/has shown that the children in these crimes grow up to do similar things. I think that is where the focus and money for rehab should be, not the CREATURES.