Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: If you ain't Christian-you ain't my brother

Default Re: If you ain't Christian-you ain't my brother

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    I read through your links and noticed that the last one is a link to a website (FinalCall.com) that appears to be run by Louis Farrakhan, as most of the writings are his, and all of the product sold in the store are his.
    Is that so?
    That article wasn't written by him. Don't know about the store. The other article was in the Washington Post & a blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    Farrakhan = hate.
    But, to stay on topic - I wonder how the general public would feel if an atheist was elected and then said something disparaging against christians in a speech.
    Farrakhan is not a proponent of hate. He is definitely a proponent of empowering African Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by WhippetGrappler View Post
    Key words. "church crowd".
    Spider, i don't consider you to be anti-christian. Just a non-believer.
    KR.... loved your post!!
    Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Doesn't matter who he was talking to. If he was talking as Governor, the comment was inappropriate. If he was talking simply as a member of the congregation, not so bad, but I expect the former to be the case.
    And here we differentiate between INAPPROPRIATE & OFFENSIVE. I would say "somewhat" to the former & "No" to the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Farrakhan is not a proponent of hate. He is definitely a proponent of empowering African Americans.
    I'll let his record stand for himself. There may be a sliding scale of "hate" on these boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    Doesn't matter who he was talking to. If he was talking as Governor, the comment was inappropriate. If he was talking simply as a member of the congregation, not so bad, but I expect the former to be the case.
    If he was speaking on behalf on the governorship, then yes, it was inappropriate. But, if he went to church as usual and the preacher asked him to speak to the crowd, then he didn't mess up. In church he is allowed to be whatever religion he wishes. I would like to know more about the situation, though. I will attempt to use my horrible google skills to find out.

Okay. I found out who he was speaking to and I don't think he was out of line.

The offending comments came hours after Bentley was sworn in as governor, when he told a Montgomery Baptist church audience

Here is the link. http://mystateline.com/fulltext-news/?nxd_id=222196

Doesn't sound like he was speaking as Governor, to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    I'll let his record stand for himself. There may be a sliding scale of "hate" on these boards.
    Most of the "record" is portrayed by the MSM so that people will have a "Black PR" (no pun intended) picture of a guy who genuinely wants to help "his people."

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Most of the "record" is portrayed by the MSM so that people will have a "Black PR" (no pun intended) picture of a guy who genuinely wants to help "his people."
    On this we disagree. Let me know if you find this statement filled with hate or not.

The white man is our mortal enemy, and we cannot accept him. I will fight to see that vicious beast go down into the lake of fire prepared for him from the beginning, that he never rise again to give any innocent black man, woman or child the hell that he has delighted in pouring on us for 400 years -- Louis Farrakhan, City College audience in New York