Thread: 38th parralel

Default 38th parralel

With either NK shooting at SK or vice verse-depending upon whom you believe -what is going to happen to our troops stationed there ??

Also, in the lame excuses department , S.Korea does not want war as that would cause further destabilization of the NK government ( if possible) and open the door for the chinese to take over ?
    I've never yet figured out why we were in Korea to begin with or why 50,000.00 Americans died there .

Default Re: 38th parralel

What will happen is that we will send more troops over if the situation escalates. S. Korea is a great Ally and we would have to go to bat for them like we did the first time. I dont how willing China would be to get involved in a war but they might be more than willing to take over that government. Or if the south won they might take over the north allowing it to become a democracy.

Personally, I think we should nip communism in the bud whenever we have the chance. I don't want it to spread. But, I also agreed with stopping terrorism by going into Iraq.

It will be interesting to see what this president does, since he was (apparently) against going into Iraq in the first place. I think we should ask S. Korea what they want to do about it, and support whatever decision they make.

I feel China's principal interest is to prevent a flood of North Korean refugees north into China if a war should break out between the north and south.

China has handled refugees the same way for thousands of years -either execute them on enslave them . I doubt they would bother to shoot them -just work them to death or send the young ones to re-education camps .
    China has a long history of human rights abuse .

Quote Originally Posted by r.payton@att.net View Post
    China has handled refugees the same way for thousands of years -either execute them on enslave them . I doubt they would bother to shoot them -just work them to death or send the young ones to re-education camps .
    China has a long history of human rights abuse .
    Well then I suppose they will need to ramp up the human rights violation machine to extra high should the north become even more unstable.