Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Keith Olbermann suspended by MSNBC indefinitely without pay for campaign donations

Default Re: Keith Olbermann suspended by MSNBC indefinitely without pay for campaign donations

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    My understanding is that Williams broke the complany policy amd was fired for.
    From what I read, NPR stated that Williams was hired to cover news, not comment on it. He had been increasingly acting as a news commentator (which is not what they hired him to do), they discussed their concerns with him, he continued to act as a news commentator and they fired him. My feeling is that people who lean left will agree with this statement, people who lean right will call it BS, but nobody really knows which side of ths story is right.

I wouldn't be at all surprised when Williams gets a job as a news commentator for Fox news though.
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.

Default Re: Keith Olbermann suspended by MSNBC indefinitely without pay for campaign donations

UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by FloggingSully View Post
    From what I read, NPR stated that Williams was hired to cover news, not comment on it. He had been increasingly acting as a news commentator (which is not what they hired him to do), they discussed their concerns with him, he continued to act as a news commentator and they fired him. My feeling is that people who lean left will agree with this statement, people who lean right will call it BS, but nobody really knows which side of ths story is right.

I wouldn't be at all surprised when Williams gets a job as a news commentator for Fox news though.
    That's an odd stance by NPR. Juan Williams is a news commentator, I've seen him on many programs providing his opinion. If NPR actually hired him to "cover" the news then that was truly a strange hire.

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    I think everyone knows Hannity donates to the GOP... I love how *any* time there is an issue with the left you always point out "LOOK - HE DID IT TOO"... either that or they are racists. I'd hate to have been the kid sitting next to you in class.
    Last edited by Schlottke; 11-08-2010 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    I think everyone knows Hannity donates to the GOP... I love how *any* time there is an issue with the left you always point out "LOOK - HE DID IT TOO"... either that or they are racists. I'd hate to have been the kid sitting next to you in class.
    It just simply points out how selective people's outrage is.

I KNOW you would have hated sitting next to me in class, but I sure would have loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by FloggingSully View Post
    Either my "lingo" is off or you are behind the times. Williams was already a news commentator for Fox and has been given a raise since his NPR firing. He was not a news reporter for Fox and I don't know what he was with NPR. But, if what I am interpretting your comment to say is correct, then he was given a raise as a Fox commentator after the firing.

Let me know if I read your comment wrong, but did you not know he already worked for Fox?

Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    That's an odd stance by NPR. Juan Williams is a news commentator, I've seen him on many programs providing his opinion. If NPR actually hired him to "cover" the news then that was truly a strange hire.
    I did some googleing since I was going from mememory in my previous post, according to wikipedia Willams was hired to be a 'news analyst'. I have no idea what 'news analyst' but according to NPRs CEO a 'news analyst' injecting their personal views into the issue hurts their credibility (this is probably where I got the idea that he was supposed to be an objective reporter).
    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Let me know if I read your comment wrong, but did you not know he already worked for Fox?
    I knew he appeared on fox fairly regularly but figured he was a full time NPR guy. I stand corrected.
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.

I had hoped that someone actually listened to the NPR program "On Point" that interviewed the executive of NPR who made the decision to fire Williams and would post her comments/reasoning on here, but to no avail.

This was the program. Yes, you have to listen to it, but she gets to the point very quickly into the program. This ought to answer all of your speculation.

http://www.onpointradio.org/2010/10/...r-news-debates

Here's an example of some of the "Muslim garb" that Williams was referring to.

http://muslimswearingthings.tumblr.com/