Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: God did not create the universe . . .

Default Re: God did not create the universe . . .

Quote Originally Posted by coachsparky View Post
    That was some great stuff kr. I enjoyed the videos.
    Thanks Spark...I try!

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    What if the divine exists in ALL of us & we are ALL co-creating this universe??? We just forgot...
    Kurt, this does not make sense to me. How are any of us divine? How are we co-creating the universe? Please elaborate.

BTW that video trying to explain quatum mechanics was pretty cool.
    Last edited by arm-spin; 12-07-2010 at 01:29 AM.

Hey Arm-spin, it's Kurt not Russ...I guess you got us older ph@rtz confused or maybe u r one yerself...!

I would be happy to elaborate, but I am curious as to what is your reality with regards to your ideas about spirituality, (or your soul or God or the afterlife or what have you).

My apologies, Kr. I fixed my post.

My own beliefs are fairly typically Christian, I guess. I believe in God as seperate from and creator of the Universe (though not in 6 days). I believe human beings have souls and after they die they go to an afterlife. I believe in heaven and hell, or less, but I think the traditional Christian imagery (fluffy clouds, fiery cavern, ect) is metaphorical and so I have no clue what heaven, hell or any possible intermediate states would actually be like.

In a more EASTERN world, (no not New York...) Nirvana (heaven) is a place where on gets their own spiritual universe back. The Godhead, (God) is not a separate entity but a unbounded, uncreated, infinite co-existence of universes. The true nature of the divine is that all life emanates from there. That means YOU & ME & EVERYONE ELSE.

All beings once shared that space, fell into a world that was bounded, created, finite & separate.

A person has a viewpoint & that viewpoint has considerations, intentions, decisions, evaluations & postulates. That alone determines one's own universe. The physical universe is nothing but a co-mingling of those considerations, intentions, decisions, evaluations & postulates.

There has been a lot of study, hypothesizing & demonstration in the world of science that shows this idea has some truth to it. Quantum mechanics has shown that the viewpoint of the person conducting an experiment can & does alter the outcome of the experiment.

Remember Matthew 5:9, "and they shall be the sons of God."

Perhaps in the New Testament there are passages that allow you to be greater then you ever imagined to be.

Let me know if any of this helps.