Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8/28 Rallies: Did anyone go?

Default 8/28 Rallies: Did anyone go?

BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

Default Re: 8/28 Rallies: Did anyone go?

Didn't you see the news? Thousands of people went.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

I had no interst in either rally and I don't believe conservatives should ban themselves from rallying on days that special civil rights events occurred. Even if Beck was trying to be delibrately provocative by choosing that date and location, the best strategy is to not make a big deal out of it, which is what most people seemed to do (save Al Sharpton, who is a real fringe actor).

I do have a question about what "Take Back America's Honor" means?
    Has the US lost its honor somewhere that I am not aware of?
    I understand conservatives don't like the way government is expanding and spending, but what does that have to do with honor?

ODH: I believe it was called "Restoring Honor". I would say that America has lost it's honor in my lifetime. I can remember as a kid that we never locked our door. Now, I always lock my door whenever I leave my house.
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

Quote Originally Posted by WhippetGrappler View Post
    ODH: I believe it was called "Restoring Honor". I would say that America has lost it's honor in my lifetime. I can remember as a kid that we never locked our door. Now, I always lock my door whenever I leave my house.
    So it was a rally against crime?
    As far as you locking your door...what is that truly in response to?
    Until the last recession crime has been on a steady downward trend since the early 70s. Most of the belief the crime is so much worse now than it used to be is a product of better media coverage and more sensationalism.

I think Beck feels that America lost its "honor" when Obama entered the White House and started redisributing the wealth in an anti-capitalistic manner, and his "non-political" rally was a thinly veiled protest against the current administration.

America's honor was probably at an all time low during the controversial Vietnam era and subsequent poor reception of the returning troops.

Regarding crime, things are no worse today than the ever were, the information is just more available.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

I figured restoring honor might also mean less secularism.
    DSCH: a Soviet artist's reply to unjust criticism.

Olympic Champ

I never have to lock my door. More often than not my keys are in the car too. I guess I live in an honorable part of the country.
    I am 49, bald, ugly, and don't own a single cool thing. Kids like me though.

Beck was talking about God and redistribution along with what is taught in school. He is pretty far right but he does have some good points.