Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drunk Driving taken to a whole new level

Default Drunk Driving taken to a whole new level

Police calls: Pushing stroller while drunk gets dad arrested

West Cook Road at Briarwood -- Police arrested a 24-year-old man around 6 p.m. Monday, after he was seen pushing his sons, ages 1 and 2, in a stroller while he apparently was intoxicated. Police said the man admitted to drinking a couple of beers, but was unable to stand without leaning on the stroller. He passed out after he left the cruiser to enter the Richland County Jail. Charges of drunkenness and child endangering were being considered. The 24-year-old's mother was contacted to care for the children.
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

Whippet, it read more like public intox and child endangerment. Where did this happen and since a stroller probably isn't considered a vehicle was he really booked for DUI?

Default Re: Drunk Driving taken to a whole new level

I am always amazed at how drunk some people can get on "a couple of beers". No one EVER has more than that. It is always "a couple of beers". Falling down, hanging on the the earth to keep from falling off, and from "a couple of beers".

R.I.P. Cyrano and Roxanne.

It's almost always nothing or two beers or one glass of red wine.

....just a couple

Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by pm01 View Post
    Whippet, it read more like public intox and child endangerment. Where did this happen and since a stroller probably isn't considered a vehicle was he really booked for DUI?
    This happened in Mansfield, OH. I put drunk driving to draw attention. He may get public intox. It did say they were considering child endangerment.
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

Momentary hijack, pls. What does "" mean?

As a fellow drinker, I find this guy quite responsible. The kids were in a stroller, the stroller didn't tip and he wasn't driving. The real question is where was the mother? She's the one who left her children in his care, so she should be the one charged with child endangerment.

Also, he probably had his passout timed perfectly. If he hadn't been detained by the police, he probably would have made it home and passed out in his bed. And why is there a law against public intoxication anyway? People can walk around all day and be publicly ugly, or publicly stinking. What's worse. Some dude pushing a stroller and looking drunk or pushing a stroller and being ugly and stinking?

My rant is over.

Olympic Champ

I only had a couple of beers......

I am 49, bald, ugly, and don't own a single cool thing. Kids like me though.