Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Hey, Mr. Jesse Jackson......

Default Re: Hey, Mr. Jesse Jackson......

Quote Originally Posted by ban basketball View Post
    I"ll proudly plead ignorant to any of this; I don't follow the issue, nor will I.

However, have another instance where he "made up race issues?"

Isn't it funny how we can find ONE documented instance where Jackson apparently "made up a race issue," while for decades he has been showing us specific race issues that were not made up, yet the ONE instance is what defines him with white people.

Why is that? I'm curious...
    This thread wasn't meant to be an all encompassing discussion of the entire history of Rev. Jackson's conduct.

It was meant to point out that on this issue (that you admit that you're completely ignorant of) involving LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavailers' owner he's acting like a jack ass.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    This thread wasn't meant to be an all encompassing discussion of the entire history of Rev. Jackson's conduct.

It was meant to point out that on this issue (that you admit that you're completely ignorant of) involving LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavailers' owner he's acting like a jack ass.
    JensenS calling Jessie Jackson a Reverend is a slap in the face to the Church.

And as a quick FYI for folks, I'm not going to change my stance on these issues. My religion disallows me to do it (Lutheran), my personal convictions disallow me to do it, as does my profession. In short, I'm not going to play the tedious pissing match that usually results from "discussions" about racial injustice and inequality.

Unless folks have data to show me that counters everything I've said, then I'm over and out on this issue.

How's that, Flop the Nuts?
    See ya

Maybe so.

However, it is his title and with posts like the one above all you're doing is helping to strengthen the point that ban is trying to make.

Maybe so.

However, it is his title and with posts like the one above all you're doing is helping to strengthen the point that ban is trying to make.
    Possibly, but in my mind that post has nothing to do with race but with the person. Wasn't that a self imposed title? If not then i stand corrected and apologize for my post.

Yes and no. As is always the case with civil rights leaders, it rapidly delved into slamming his character, closely followed by people making the claim, that I've been hearing for for decades, that he "makes up race issues."

I, first, pointed out how people hated ML King Jr too, and that he wasn't accepted either. I then went onto point out that people often like to refer to how he "makes up race issues," yet no one can provide any real specifics as to when he has done that. Keep in mind, people have been saying that about him LONG before Lebron james was even on this earth.
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance174 View Post
    Possibly, but in my mind that post has nothing to do with race but with the person. Wasn't that a self imposed title? If not then i stand corrected and apologize for my post.
    Jackson isn't a Reverend? I think that you may beat me on this bet, but I'll take a chance: care to bet on it? If I bet I play for real, so I'm talking money. I have a paypal account. Do you?

Jackson isn't a Reverend? I think that you may beat me on this bet, but I'll take a chance: care to bet on it? If I bet I play for real, so I'm talking money. I have a paypal account. Do you?
    First of all that is why i asked the question and even stated if i was wrong then i apologize.....you are right he is a minister "He was ordained in 1968, without a theological degree; awarded an honorary theological doctorate from Chicago in 1990; and received his Master of Divinity Degree based on his previous credits earned, plus his life experience and subsequent work, in 2000."

WOW you bet for real...lol that is nice to know
    Last edited by JensenS; 07-14-2010 at 05:38 PM. Reason: In the interest of being equal...language here as well

Quote Originally Posted by Chance174 View Post
    First of all smartass, that is why i asked the question and even stated if i was wrong then i apologize.....you are right he is a minister "He was ordained in 1968, without a theological degree; awarded an honorary theological doctorate from Chicago in 1990; and received his Master of Divinity Degree based on his previous credits earned, plus his life experience and subsequent work, in 2000."

WOW you bet for real...lol that is nice to know

I've found that the quickest way to end an argument is to lay money on the line, but I usually lose every bet that I make. So, next time I extend the offer, you better take me up on it.
    Last edited by JensenS; 07-14-2010 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Language