Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Is God Punishing the Gulf

Default Re: Is God Punishing the Gulf

Didn't the Governor of LA. say that very thing after KATRINA ??

I happen to be a Christian. I just ain't that mean spirited about other people's beliefs. So, you all can laugh about some of us believing every single word of the Bible, but you're not going to make us quit believing. I don't know you, Whippet, but thanks for the post.

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I happen to be a Christian. I just ain't that mean spirited about other people's beliefs. So, you all can laugh about some of us believing every single word of the Bible, but you're not going to make us quit believing. I don't know you, Whippet, but thanks for the post.
    So do you think God is punishing the gulf or not? Oh, since you say you believe in every word of the Bible do you also believe in a literal Noah event - water covered the entire earth about 4000 years ago and all are biodiversity was contained on one boat? Just curious.
    I am 49, bald, ugly, and don't own a single cool thing. Kids like me though.

As BB alluded to, Fred Phelps would be proud of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I'm usually not usually mean spirited either, which is why I deleted the post. I don't criticize anyone's beliefs until they start telling me what I should do. I do believe, however, that if there is a God, He is very different from how many devout believers portray Him. I don't know how many of my previous posts on this subject you have seen, but I've gone over my beliefs here so many times that even the atheists are probably sick of hearing them. Nutshell version: the Bible was written by men who believed they were inspired by God; it isn't the word of God. Jesus was a great man with great ideas, but was not the son of God. It is impossible to know whether or not God exists, which is why faith, not science, is the foundation of religion. I don't believe that God exists, but that life and the universe are the result of natural phenomena. I recognize that I could be wrong, but I highly doubt it.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Quinn, believing the Bible does not in any way mean you have to believe WG's bizarre video clip. Even if one takes the position that God sometimes punishes people using natural disasters (something that some, but not all Christians believe) it's STILL a stretch to presume that God caused the oil well to explode as a results of Obama's Isreal policy.

I see a different Biblical (and common sense) principle at work here. As you sow you shall reap. If you are so dependant on oil you need to do high risk deepwater drillinng, you reap the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    Quinn, believing the Bible does not in any way mean you have to believe WG's bizarre video clip. Even if one takes the position that God sometimes punishes people using natural disasters (something that some, but not all Christians believe) it's STILL a stretch to presume that God caused the oil well to explode as a results of Obama's Isreal policy.

I see a different Biblical (and common sense) principle at work here. As you sow you shall reap. If you are so dependant on oil you need to do high risk deepwater drillinng, you reap the consequences.
    Very well put, arm-spin.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Just for the record, I don't believe the video. I just posted it for comments. As most of you know by now I like to post stuff to get comments. I know that god didn't do it. "It was Obama!" Just like GW caused Katrina!
    BRUTUS BUCKEYE WILL TAKE YOU DOWN...

I don't think that God created the oil spill, BP did. The hurricanes and tsunami's and all that, I don't know if he's punishing people or not. I won't claim to know why these things happen, but I won't rule out that he may be punishing people for something. I just won't go around saying that I know for sure that he is, heck I wasn't smart enough to pass organic chemistry, so this is way out of my league.

Whoever asked if I believe in Noah's Ark and the world flooding, my answer is yes. I don't have scientific proof and I don't think they've discovered the Ark in some mountains somewhere. It's exactly what Spider said, faith.