Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Say they never get it capped...

Default Re: Say they never get it capped...

Quote Originally Posted by washed up wrestler View Post
    Yep. And you guys blame Obama for everything.
    Again, you just aimlessly blame "you guys" for stuff without telling us who you speak of. It is real easy to make stuff up, but you have no proof. Try to reply to this post and let us know who "you guys" are.

I asked Ban for the links he said he had and got no response. So, would you two either back up what you're saying or stop saying it. I know, Ban, that you said am radio, but you said you were going to send links that would suprise me. I haven't seen them. I am willing to learn, but I am not going to just read a post that claims something without backup and take it to heart.

Bush was destroyed by the media for Katrina and so far, Obama is getting a pass on this.

What could president Obama be doing differently? I'm sure there will be lots of legal and legislative stuff to do involving the spill, but the immediate problem seems to be technological: BP has resources, they just can't get the damn well closed. Unless the government is hiding some sort of well-capping technology that it could be producing but is choosing not to, I'm not sure what Obama can do.

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    What could president Obama be doing differently? I'm sure there will be lots of legal and legislative stuff to do involving the spill, but the immediate problem seems to be technological: BP has resources, they just can't get the damn well closed. Unless the government is hiding some sort of well-capping technology that it could be producing but is choosing not to, I'm not sure what Obama can do.
    I have no idea. But, then again, I didn't sign up to be the leader of the free world. And what could Bush have done about Katrina? Could he have stopped a hurricane? Could he have made people get out of there? People didn't heed the warnings and then blamed him.

Obama claimed to be the leader we all need. So why isn't he leading? Why are people blaming "Bush guys" for this? If the Bush guys were so bad, why didn't Obama fire them before this happened? Why didn't it happen on Bush's watch?

To be clear, I don't think either disaster was either man's fault. It's just funny how the media spins it.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Obama claimed to be the leader we all need. So why isn't he leading?
    The government cannot take over a hazardous waste spill unless the company responsible is being negligent, BP is not being negligent so the government can't take over.
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.

Quote Originally Posted by FloggingSully View Post
    The government cannot take over a hazardous waste spill unless the company responsible is being negligent, BP is not being negligent so the government can't take over.
    The government can assist and then backcharge BP for the effort. They just submitted a $69 mil bill to BP yesterday. One of the few things government is good at is procurement. They can purchase booms, equipment, etc... at higher quantities and lower prices than most private companies due to their scale. I'd hope that every available boom in the US is headed towards the coast, but I don't know if it is. The gubmint could help with things like that.

In an emergency, the feds are not required to bid procurement so they could issue purchase orders, have equipment delivered and just forward them to BP.

PS capped and still leaking.
    Life's not the breaths you take, the breathing in and out that gets you through the day ain't what it's all about. It's the moments that take your breath away.

I'm curious. Where is Al Gore? This is the biggest environmental disaster in America's history and our most outspoken environmentalist seems strangely silent. All I've found is an article he wrote on May 8th that quickly turned to CO2 talk. Think there is some hush money or other promises from the Obama administration if he stays quiet?

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I'm curious. Where is Al Gore? This is the biggest environmental disaster in America's history and our most outspoken environmentalist seems strangely silent. All I've found is an article he wrote on May 8th that quickly turned to CO2 talk. Think there is some hush money or other promises from the Obama administration if he stays quiet?
    What really is he supposed to be able to do. He obviously knows nothing about capping a deep sea leak. He is also smart enough to know that we rely on oil and will for the forseeable future.
    If he was to open his mouth on this he would rightly get cruxified.

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    What really is he supposed to be able to do. He obviously knows nothing about capping a deep sea leak. He is also smart enough to know that we rely on oil and will for the forseeable future.
    If he was to open his mouth on this he would rightly get cruxified.
    I don't expect him to cap the leak. Now is just a perfect time for him to hop on his environmental high horse. If I was a true environmentalist then I would be screaming about this. He found time to give a speech about how horrible the government reaction to the Katrina clean-up was.
    http://www.commondreams.org/views05/0912-32.htm

In that speech he condemned the government for having people in toxic water 5 days after the tragedy. It just seems like an Inconvienant Truth that the worst environmental disaster in our nation's history happened under his party's watch, so he stays quiet.