Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul

Default Re: Rand Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    If you want to quote just a portion, hit "QUOTE" at the bottom of the post just as you would normally do, then go into the quoted part of your post and just delete the part you want to get rid of - highlight it and delete it. But be careful you don't delete any part of the [QUOT] at the beginning or the [/QUOT] at the end, especially the brackets.

If you want to quote part of it and reply, then quote another part and reply to that, copy the [QUOT - Person's name - etc] and place it at the beginning of the part you want to reply to (unless you're at the beginning and it's already there), then type [/QUOT] where you want to stop the quote and place your reply.

I hope that wasn't too confusing.

I misspelled quote so that the post wouldn't use the "quote" format.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider View Post
    If you want to quote just a portion, hit "QUOTE" at the bottom of the post just as you would normally do, then go into the quoted part of your post and just delete the part you want to get rid of - highlight it and delete it.
    I lied. I'm trying again.

[QUOTE=Spider;320982]
    I hope that wasn't too confusing.

Obviously it was. Here it goes, I'm about to hit the reply button. Keep your fingers crossed.

Remember, if all you want to do is use part of the original post, all you have to do is go into the post and delete the part you don't want to use. Adding the QUOTE stuff is if you want to reply to individual parts of the post one at a time, that is, quote part of it, then reply, then quote another part of it, then reply to that.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

Figures that the simple minded sound bitten far righties here would focus on one minor issue regarding a fricking restaraunt. I figured the bigger picture would be too much for you to see. You guys are way too young to engage in a serious debate about the Civil Rights Act. Or, defending this cowardly idiot (runs away from MTP) who supports BP...the gov't subsidized BP.

He whines about the Obama admin being a meanie to BP and says he's tired of the blame game. Hello? I guess when he blames someone it's cool.

He's a blithering idiot who typifies the teabag movement. All hat and no cattle. He should stick with eye exams.

Quote Originally Posted by washed up wrestler View Post
    Figures that the simple minded sound bitten far righties here would focus on one minor issue regarding a fricking restaraunt. I figured the bigger picture would be too much for you to see. You guys are way too young to engage in a serious debate about the Civil Rights Act. Or, defending this cowardly idiot (runs away from MTP) who supports BP...the gov't subsidized BP.

He whines about the Obama admin being a meanie to BP and says he's tired of the blame game. Hello? I guess when he blames someone it's cool.

He's a blithering idiot who typifies the teabag movement. All hat and no cattle. He should stick with eye exams.
    Maddow is the one who was focused on restaurants not serving minorities, she was talking in the abstract as we are now, because now it would not happen and if it did the business would go under.

What is the issue, you have provided nothing of substance to the discussion. If you want to elevate the debate intellectually in your eyes then please do so.

All hat and no cattle.
    Just read that expression in a Stephen Hunter novel.
    Atrophy: what you get when you win atournament.

I'd say it's about time for Obama and the rest of the gubmint to step in and help out BP. I don't think standing on the sideline saying "It's your fault BP, figure it out", is a good move for the D's. It's turning into a corollary of "You're doing a great job Brownie" moment.

I know Obama is a transcendent leader, so maybe he'll figure it out. I'm sure he will, he's not the type of guy to blame anyone else for problems.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I have no idea how to quote just a portion of someone's post. If someone could tell me how in a pm I'd appreciate it.

I'm writing about Ban's comment and I will copy and paste it:

In regard to a person who speaks no English at all, why would they go into an establishment knowing that they could not be able to do business? That's why when I see people in my area who speaks limited English in an establishment they always have someone with them who can interpret. I'd have to think that someone would be some kind of stupid to try to do otherwise!

I am behind a dude like that every time I go to the gas station and I ask myself the same question. It's good to see that Ban has finally seen the light and agree that dealing with non-english speaking illegals is "some kind of stupid"!
    I'll bet you aren't in that situeration everyday, but I'll let that rest.

So, all non-English speaking people are "illegal?" How did my grandma pull that one off, being legally born in the U.S. in an all-german community? She didn't learn to speak English until she was 30.

Also, what should we do in cases such as my aunt, who is deaf and can't speak? Ban her from the shop too? How about the guy who asks why they ain't got no steak in this weeK? Ban him too?
    UNI Panthers...Because it's just right.

I bet he wins the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    I bet he wins the election.
    It'll be interesting to see.

This afternoon I watched a rebroadcast of Friday evening's "Comment on Kentucky" political discussion show on KET (akin to the Iowa Public TV "network" for the Bluegrass State) where the assembled political reporters from various parts of the Commonwealth had different takes on where Rand Paul is right now. For example, the Paducah newspaperman thought folks in his part of the state thought this was all the liberal media going after "their" candidate... while someone from Lexington said, "For being an opthomologist, Paul must have a serious case of glaucoma", saying that the Democrat may actually have a chance in November. (I can't remember the Dem's name, but he's from Louisville, and in the primary he defeated the sitting KY Lt. Governor, who is from Hazard, and had lost to Senator Bunning by a whisker 6 years ago.)

They also discussed some of the dynamics of GOP politics in KY -- that Paul, having defeated the "official" GOP senatorial candidate, Trey Grayson (current KY Sec of State), is NOT beloved by the power people in the KY GOP, esp Mitch McConnell. However, GOP politicians who don't like McConnell (including Sen Bunning, and former Congresswoman Anne Northrup, to name two powerful people) had put their support behind Paul, and show no public signs of pulling that support.

The pundits thought the next few days would be critical as to what Paul's future would be. One suggested that he take a couple weeks off, and refuse interviews.

Also -- the panel said that Paul's views on the Civil Rights Act of 1964 came out about 3 weeks before the election in his meeting with the editorial board of the Louisville Courier-Journal, about as close to a statewide paper as Kentucky has, with considerable clout (though many in the Commonwealth think it's too big-city liberal). Apparently the paper wrote an editorial about Paul's views, but the media didn't widely report the story... until some like Rachel Maddow of MSNBC and Robert Segal of NPR did their post-primary interviews with Paul, and questioned his positions.

The KET pundit panel thought Paul's comments on BP -- and especially coal companies, where he said something to the effect of "accidents happen" RE the recent coal mine disaster in West Virginia that claimed 29 lives -- would not sit well in coal country in Kentucky. Coal is still a major industry in the Commonwealth, employing tens of thousands.

Sorry for the ramble, but thought some of you might find it interesting to see what some political pundits in the Bluegrass are saying about the man who, until his recent public comments, was thought to be a sure bet for being the next senator from Kentucky.

Mark