Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: AZ Immigration Law

Olympic Champ

Default Re: AZ Immigration Law

Then if you care that much why don't you help them comply with the law...?

Gee, maybe because I don't trust government.

I mean when I lived overseas I made a living but I didnt break the law. I ran my own business so no one employed me. I didn't have to worry about being deported. I got all the proper visas so I could travel FOR BUSINESS in some 30 different countries. It is not hard to do.

Whoopee for you.

For people to just blatantly break the law & then cry about the consequences is just someone who failed to look at the fact that life has some rules & those rules have a sequence.

That's nice.

There so many immigrants who DO follow the rules but somehow the law breakers are special? Sorry. Doesn't fly.

I just worry about those kids.... that is what is in front of me. The rest of it; not my problem. Remember my world view is to worry about what is in front of me. Screw the rest. I quit trying to "save the world" after all of those weeks in the hospital, and all of those months nursing a brain injured and crippled child back to health. If you want to "save the world" knock yourself out.
    I am 49, bald, ugly, and don't own a single cool thing. Kids like me though.

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    So as long as people are nice they should be allowed to break the law. Interesting so all of those people who produce drugs in there home but are really nice people and great neighbors should be allowed to do so because they are nice?
    Wow, you really are a paranoid mind. I can only imagine what it's like up there but the darkness of hell comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by sgallan View Post
    I made no assumption by what you wrote.

Yes you did.

I guess then we will just disagree on that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I simply see it as breaking the law.

This is the "black or white" worldview I was speaking of.

My worldview is far from a 2 valued logic or absolutist. However there are things that either ARE or ARE NOT. Like being pregnant, being alive or being int he country legally or not. Those things have ZERO to do with my opinion hence dictating to me that it is my world view is a wrong target. That would be like attacking my view whether someone is pregnant or not or whether they are alive or not.

Being right & wrong have their own scale. A person can be always MORE right or MORE wrong.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if you see that differently then me then that means you are for breaking the law.

No it doesn't; this is the part where you assume.

You state nothing other then you don't agree with me. I have stated what i believe so if you disagree then it leaves no other conclusion unless you clarify what you mean. Not assumptive but deductive.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took zero offense, again assumptive.

Cool.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which is why I simply asked for you to just state your case as you said that I made an assumption.

Stating my case to you would be a waste of time since we are obviously incapable of communicating with one another on almost any level.
    Then you wasted my time by even responding.

If you didn't want to have a dialogue then why bother to post anything. That just makes what you wrote somehow seem personally derogatory towards me for some other unexplained reason or vindictive. I would like to think better of you on that but then I am just going off your words.

As I said if you think that some of illegals you personally know are truly wonderful people that's great. Then take personal responsibility for them & help them become LEGAL citizens. Real simple. TO say what you have & then NOT help them would be disingenuous

A majority of the immigrants here have done so LEGALLY. I have no idea WHY anyone would want to single out a group as being ABOVE the law. That violates the rights of everyone & clears the way for law enforcement to start applying laws arbitrarily. THIS is not what we want as a freedom loving people.

Last edited by kr1963; 05-10-2010 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by washed up wrestler View Post
    Wow, you really are a paranoid mind. I can only imagine what it's like up there but the darkness of hell comes to mind.
    WUW
    I have noticed that you seem to take particular delight in making discussions into personal attacks. I think it would best to stick to facts & the issues & not try to make less of people, (something usually only psychotics chronically do) regardless of your personal opinions of other posters & members.

Otherwise you just invite this to be a FLAME-fest. That gets NOWHERE.

Quote Originally Posted by sgallan View Post
    Oh boy, oh boy....... an absurd comparison demonyzing illegal immigrants..... how quaint.
    The intent was not to demonize but to show the absurdity of the statement by Ban.

I think we can agree that just because people are nice and neighborly, that it does not elevate them to above the law.

Scott I understand where you are coming from with the kids. That is the most difficult part, but we have to find a solution. Obviously kids born here are citizens so we cant just send them back and we cant leave them without parents but we also cant reward the parents for breaking the law and having a baby. It is a bad precedent but a tough tough decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance174 View Post
    Sully your license will work just fine no matter how much you want to try and twist this law.
    I'm taking my info strait from the text of the law, I'm not twisting anything, it clearly states that the issuing entity must require proof of legal residence in order to issue the ID for the ID to be considered proof of residence under the AZ law. MD didn't require this proof when I got my license.

I'm sure I wouldn't have issues in AZ, but I don't have brown skin.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance174 View Post
    Quick question, what did you have to do to get a license? Were you able to just walk in and say hey my name is floggingsully and i swear i am who I say i am? Just a question
    I filled out a form and took a vision test.
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.

Olympic Champ

Then you wasted my time by even responding.

No, you wasted your own time...... nobody forces your to read or respond to anybody.

If you didn't want to have a dialogue then why bother to post anything. That just makes what you wrote somehow seem personally derogatory towards me for some other unexplained reason or vindictive. I would like to think better of you on that but then I am just going off your words.

I don't know you, and you live a long ways away from me, so I could careless about you one way in the real world, and really don't care what you think about me.

As I said if you think that some of illegals you personally know are truly wonderful people that's great. Then take personal responsibility for them & help them become LEGAL citizens. Real simple. TO say what you have & then NOT help them would be disingenuous

These people have often been here for decades and do pretty good. They are also adults and can take care of themselves. Maybe you are the type that want to get into other peoples business but I'm not.

A majority of the immigrants here have done so LEGALLY. I have no idea WHY anyone would want to single out a group as being ABOVE the law. That violates the rights of everyone & clears the way for law enforcement to start applying laws arbitrarily. THIS is not what we want as a freedom loving people.

I have a news flash for you...... lots of laws are enforced arbitrarily. From traffic laws to drug laws to these laws. This issue, and these laws just seems to be a hobby of yours. Cool - we all need hobbies.

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    The intent was not to demonize but to show the absurdity of the statement by Ban.

I think we can agree that just because people are nice and neighborly, that it does not elevate them to above the law.

Scott I understand where you are coming from with the kids. That is the most difficult part, but we have to find a solution. Obviously kids born here are citizens so we cant just send them back and we cant leave them without parents but we also cant reward the parents for breaking the law and having a baby. It is a bad precedent but a tough tough decision.
    I only care about the kids in front of me. And the ones I know. I honestly do not look at issues beyond where I live anymore. It is just partisan and ugly and I honestly believe most people only care about the politics. I am serious when I say I don't even vote save La Paz county and maybe the occasional referendum (camera photo tickets are going down!) - it's all just a game.

Ironically, I have lived in Southern California, and Arizona since 1978 and see the issue entirely different than you, and I DO have the real world experience. Oh, and I am a white guy, with a white wife, and a European immigrant background.

Would you like to explain how this can be so? Please don't play the "I am here so I know best and trump you" card. There are others who are "here" for decades, who see it differently.
    Well Scott you asked for an answer & then I give you an answer & then you tell don't care about me or my opinion. Seems fairly contradictory & antagonistic, like you have a chip on yer shoulder OR you are trying to pick a fight instead of actually having an intelligent discussion and/or argument.