Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: AZ Immigration Law

Default Re: AZ Immigration Law

Quote Originally Posted by RYou View Post
    You have a President that has yet to publicly prove legitimate residency. Do you really think he wants anyone at the federal level probing into illegal immigrant affairs?
    I'm not judging capability, I'm assigning culpability.

See what I did there?

This is a short interesting article from an American who immigrated to Mexico.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/reed/reed93.html

Quote Originally Posted by Chance174 View Post
    I wonder why government(politicians) are still talking about amnesty and work programs but nothing about what caused the problem.
    Supply and demand caused the problem, what is government supposed to do about that?

And can somebody answer whether or not I need to carry my passport around with me if I ever go to AZ? my drivers license isn't proof of legal residency.
    There's no such thing as a pretty good aligator wrestler.

Quote Originally Posted by FloggingSully View Post
    Supply and demand caused the problem, what is government supposed to do about that?

And can somebody answer whether or not I need to carry my passport around with me if I ever go to AZ? my drivers license isn't proof of legal residency.
    They could have enforced the laws and made the risk of hiring illegal aliens not worth it. And lets be clear that some employers did the right thing and hired Mexicans to come over on day work visas at no small expense and some got hosed when the workers simply jumped ship.

I also put a large portion of blame on the corrupt Mexican government and its corruption. I like how the Mexican president spoke out against the law and his worry that Mexican will be discriminated against by be being profiled.

Here's a thought, dont worry about how we enforce our laws and just worry about your failing country. Figure out a way to build an economy and infrastructure so the Mexican people wont feel the need to run here and work for pennies on the dollar.

Quote Originally Posted by UGLY View Post
    They could have enforced the laws and made the risk of hiring illegal aliens not worth it.
    When there is demand for something, the government trying to limit the supply doesn't work, it doesn't work for cheap labor (immigrants), it doesn't work for drugs, etc.

They enforce drug laws, people who violate them get thrown in jail for years yet people still smuggle in/sell drugs, what makes anyone think immigration laws would be any more successful?

Quote Originally Posted by FloggingSully View Post
    When there is demand for something, the government trying to limit the supply doesn't work, it doesn't work for cheap labor (immigrants), it doesn't work for drugs, etc.

They enforce drug laws, people who violate them get thrown in jail for years yet people still smuggle in/sell drugs, what makes anyone think immigration laws would be any more successful?

They enforce homicide laws and violaters get thrown in jail for years, yet people still murder. You can't just give up.

A lot of people, including myself, think that the reason there is a demand for cheap labor is due to the entitlement programs in the US. If it is easier to collect welfare than it is to hang drywall or pick fruit and you make about the same money, why do the work?

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    They enforce homicide laws and violaters get thrown in jail for years, yet people still murder. You can't just give up.

A lot of people, including myself, think that the reason there is a demand for cheap labor is due to the entitlement programs in the US. If it is easier to collect welfare than it is to hang drywall or pick fruit and you make about the same money, why do the work?
    Very true!!! My buddies girlfriend doesn't work right now and when asked why she stated "she can get more from unemployment and better benifits than if she started working again".

Sully,

What would your plan be for combating this problem? Why do liberals get all up in arms about enforcing "this" law and arresting criminals?

No Sully your drivers license will work just fine, read the bill and many of your questions on it will be answered.

No Sully your drivers license will work just fine, read the bill and many of your questions on it will be answered.
    A MD drivers license is not proof of legal residency, or at least it wasn't when I got mine.

If Obama had proposed this law, which says that people must carry government-issued IDs with them or they can be detained by law enforcement, would you be in favor? or would you be on here complaining about how government is intruding on peoples lives and we're living in a police state?

What would your plan be for combating this problem? Why do liberals get all up in arms about enforcing "this" law and arresting criminals?
    How about we get out of the way of businesses and let the market figure it out?